This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Safety & Security Specialist
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Job
J O B B R I E F
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION SCHEDULED THROUGH JUNE 2009 WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 2010. Supports and maintains the ministry's safety and security program and improves overall workforce awareness while supporting compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory guidelines.
To apply for this position, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the “Apply On-line” link.
E S S E N T I A L J O B F U N C T I O N S
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; faithfully prays for and supports the ministry of Compassion; is an advocate for children and raises the awareness in addressing child poverty.
• Conducts initial ergonomic evaluations; follow up evaluations, compiling data and maintaining the ergonomic device inventory. Conducts ergonomic research for current recommendations and provides support for recommending new devices and furniture. Supports contracted Physical Therapy and Wellness Program efforts
• Supports and maintains the security database including badge development, security monitoring equipment and building access controls
• Development, maintenance and communication of administrative protocols for the department including invoicing, meeting plannning and preparation of conference materials
• Serves as the primary point of contact for information distribution to the Safety and Security Department
• Maintains confidentiality of information while communicating with supervisors, peers and people outside the organization. Represent the organization to customers, the public, the government and other external sources
• Communicates across the organization at all levels providing training and expertise in the safety and security field
• Supports the development and implementation of safety programs to ensure and maintain governmental compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
F U N C T I O N A L J O B C O M P E T E N C I E S
• 3+ years of progressive experience in safety / security programs.
• First response / emergency experience required.
• Previous safety and security training desired
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national health and safety operations
• Excellent training, communication and organizational skills, with an ability to work under tight timeframes while delivering high quality service
• Strength in customer service skills
J O B Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
List minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Biology preferred or equivalent experience
• Experience: Certifications/Licensing: Other Required Skills:
C O R E V A L U E S
All Compassion employees are expected to maintain the four primary values:
• INTEGRITY: “Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ” (Phil. 1:27)
• EXCELLENCE: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord” (Col. 3:23)
• STEWARDSHIP: “The Earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it” (Psalm 24:1)
• DIGNITY: “God created man in His own image” (Gen. 1:27)
W O R K I N G C O N D I T I O N S
List general working conditions for this position:
• Working Environment: Physical Demands: Travel Requirements: Apply