The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to a specific program(s), projects in Haiti as assigned by the Finance Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain detailed records of assigned financial transactions in an organized and professional manner. 2. Perform daily functions including the recording of cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
3. Provide support to the submission of required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and IHQ as assigned.
4. Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance SP’s field accounting policies and perform other duties as assigned.
5. Review and approve financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
6. Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
7. Ensure cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations.
8. Administer cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
9. Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Finance Manager, Program Managers and Haiti leadership.
10. Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
11. Ensure contracts are current on rental properties, facilities and vehicles, etc.
12. Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
13. Follow all procedures provided by Field Finance Manual as directed by SP-Haiti leadership.
14. Maintain accuracy in financial records and perform other duties as assigned.
15. Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
16. Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
17. Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith and policies.
2. Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
3. Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
4. Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
5. Commitment and understanding of SP Mission and Statement of Faith.
6. Above average communication skills-both verbal and written.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel.
8. People management and delegation abilities.
9. Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment.
10. Flexibility and adaptability.
11. Hard working with a servant’s heart.
12. Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
13. Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel.
14. High level of patience & flexibility. 15. Mature, considerate but able to influence others.
16. Diplomatic and level-headed in frustrating environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience, or 2 years of international field accounting experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Open Till Filled
Unable to Accommodate Children at This Location
Mission Statement: Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Distinct Objectives: The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
TO APPLY: Complete application process at www.samaritanspurse.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...