This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Plans, develops and organizes ministries and programs for all ages, consistent with the Mission and Vision of Fox Cities Corps.
- Engages in bridging clients from Community Center/Gym to corps spiritual ministries and programs. Maintains strong knowledge of The Salvation Army social services and spiritual ministries and programs, and makes referrals and inclusions as needed.
- Assists the Corps Officers in overseeing, developing, leading and/or recruiting leaders for youth ministries and programs.
- Develops and implements a visitation and outreach program for the community center and its environs.
- Plans and implements youth ministries and programs to be conducted during the school year and during the summer.
- Consults with the Corps Officers to develop a long range plan for all youth activities, emphasizing spiritually sensitive program development and growth.
- Supervises designated after-school, evening and summer youth activities.
- Facilitates the planning, coordinating, and conducting of Vacation Bible School.
- Recruits Sunday school teachers and teaches where needed.
- Keeps accurate records for the Community Center/Gym, ministries, and programs for statistical purposes.
- Maintains a Master Schedule of Community Center/Gym activities and coordinates requests for use of the Community Center/gym by outside groups.
- Attends assigned Salvation Army youth camps, participating as requested.
- Recommends equipment and supply purchases to the Corps Officer as necessary for the recreational ministries and programs.
- Assists with Christmas programs as requested, including kettle coordinating and other fund raising activities.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner;
courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, with two (2) years college in a related area.
Experience: Three (3) years experience working with youth, adult and/or senior groups.
- Or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with clearance to drive from TSA’s insurance carrier.
- Must be a Christian.
- Must attend the Corps on Sundays.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Must be able to uphold the Christian standards and ministries of The Salvation Army in all areas of job responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience with, the senior, youth and character building programs of The Salvation Army.
- Possess knowledge of the policies and procedures of youth programs.
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, creativity, origination, and the ability to delegate.
- Strong group leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse socio-economic groups. Respect and honor cultural and human diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate information and expectations; ability to speak effectively in front of groups.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail.
Travel: For certain events or conferences, and during the summer Camp season, overnight travel will be required.