POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Finance and Operations
Traders Point Christian Schools, Inc.
Primary responsibility: The major responsibilities of the Director of Finance and Operations, include being the primary business manager for Traders Point Christian Academy (TPCA), managing the financial goals, Academy facilities and grounds, campus security, and food services.
Reports to: Head of School
This position is accountable to the Head of School of TPCA to provide the executive leadership necessary to deliver excellence in the infrastructure to facilitate the delivery of excellence in Christian education consistent with the mission and purpose of TPCA.
Educational and Experience Requirements:: Four-year degree in Business Administration required; five years experience preferred. Prior experience in educational environment a plus. Staff oversight and organizational leadership experience required. Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding financial reporting for independent schools; financial analysis experience beneficial; experience with Blackbaud or other educational software a plus; working knowledge of building construction including ability to read architectural drawings.
Qualifying Characteristics: The Director of Finance and Operations is a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ in both their professional and personal life with a calling and commitment to Christian education. He/She must agree and comply with TPCA’s Statement of Faith. The Director exhibits tact and care in dealing with people at all levels.
- Lead in the development of the annual budget, coordinating with the Head of School, Administrative Team, Finance Committee and Board of Directors; lead the enhancement of budgeting skills among members of the Administrative Team
- Monitor budget and provide clear and concise monthly reports to the Head of School, Principals, Department Heads and others as needed
- Report to the Finance Committee and Board on a regular basis regarding operating budget and financial aspects of the Academy; assist the Treasurer of the Board and the Finance Committee to ensure all required information is available for execution of their fiduciary responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a chart of accounts and overall Fund Accounting system consistent with FASB guidelines
- Serve as liaison with auditors; oversee annual audit to include analysis and reporting to Head of School, Finance Committee and Board of Trustees
- Serve as liaison with lenders, provide periodic financial reporting to lenders
- Develop and maintain a financial planning model in conjunction with the Academy’s Strategic Plan that projects long-range financial needs
- Develop and regularly review, in conjunction with Finance Committee, financial and operational policies and procedures
- Project annual cash flow needs and oversee cash management to ensure there are adequate reserves to meet the Academy’s needs
- Direct the billing and collection of accounts and timely payment of invoices
- Direct the purchasing of consumable and fixed assets; maintain an inventory system
- Partner with the Director, Development in the fiscal leadership of major fundraising efforts
- Serve as the primary business manager of TPCA
- Oversee the coordination of Academy operations with Traders Point Christian Church, serving as the primary liason with church staff
- Develop and regularly review operating policies and procedures
- Serve as principal contact with architects and builders; obtain competitive bids; make recommendations to Head of School and appropriate Board committees; monitor contractual work done on buildings and grounds
- Maintain efficient and safe operations of the facility, including cleanliness and security of the buildings and grounds, to include fire alarms, HVAC, janitorial services, etc. Conduct periodic studies of space utilization
- Oversee TPCA’s safety and risk management functions
- Monitor the insurance exposures and supervise the purchasing of insurance coverage
- Coordinate leases, contracts and other documents for use of campus facilities by off-campus groups
- Serve as the primary Administrator over legal matters, utilizing legal resources and working with Board Members as needed
- Oversee the computer network, systems, and IT staff and/or contracts; make recommendations to the Head of School regarding efficient utilization
Business Office Oversight:
- Oversee office functions and staff that relate to overall administration
- Oversee lunch program
- Oversee extension programs
- Assist the Head of School with any additional assigned duties
- Serve on Academy Administrative Team
The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude assignments not mentioned.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Physical ability and vision to climb up steep steps and ladders, clear ice and snow, etc
Exempt Status: Exempt, salaried
Work Schedule: 12 month
Manager, Food Services/Chef, Accountant, Accounts Receivable/Student Billing Specialist, Receptionist, Volunteer Coordinator, Extension Programs
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Traders Point Christian Academy
Traders Point Christian Academy challenges and educates students within the framework of a Biblical worldview while leading them to a personal faith and transformed life in Jesus Christ. More...