Turning Point for God
The Radio and Television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah
Job Opening – San Diego Headquarters
IT HELPDESK/TELEPHONY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Turning Point for God is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church. It is an international ministry with a vision to reach every language group in the world with the Gospel and the teachings of God’s Word. From a modest beginning thirty one years ago, Turning Point is now accessible by 2.5 billion people worldwide every day through radio, television, and the Internet.
Oversee all aspects of Turning Point’s desktop and laptop computing environment as it relates to hardware, peripherals and software. Manage all aspects of the ministry’s INTERTEL/MITEL phone system. Support all day-to-day aspects of the ministry’s remote user environment.
- Manage Turning Point’s personal computer environment (desktops, laptops, Mac’s) related to selection, imaging/restoration, installation, and repair (includes configuration, price negotiation, vendor selection, standards, etc.). This includes assigned peripheral components such as local backup devices, centralized data storage, print environment, etc.
- Administer all aspects of the INTERTEL/MITEL phone system – troubleshooting, call flow configuration, answering messages management, statistics collection, reports, equipment, moves/adds/changes, analog/digital/VOIP phone sets, purchasing, etc. This includes training users on system functionality, enhancements, reports, etc. Ensure documentation is timely and accurate at all times.
- Support day-to-day connection needs of the remote-user computing environment – VPN access, user accounts, highly available network, installed software, training, etc.
- Log problem calls and/or resolution into the ministry’s Help Desk software. Manage all aspects of assigned calls including communication with the user, documenting pertinent elements of problem resolution, and closing the call.
- Assist the Systems Administrator, as assigned, in day-to-day support of servers, LAN / WAN / wireless networks, backups, security, etc.
- Train the user community, as needed, on newly-deployed software tools.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Microsoft / A+ certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in maintaining desktop computers
- Previous experience administrating Intertel/Mitel phone system strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Software Management System / Configuration Manager
- Demonstrated skill in current versions of desktop operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional, Windows, Outlook, and other miscellaneous standard packaged software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- On call 24/7 for assigned server support, eradication of security threats (viruses, worms, etc.), or major failure of our remote computing environment.
- May require occasional support trips to remote processors sites.
- Flexible hours are required.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Extremely competitive employee health and retirement benefit programs
- A relocation allowance is not available for this position
- Position is in Turning Point’s international headquarters in Lakeside, CA.
Please email your résumé with a cover letter, Christian testimony, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IT Helpdesk TechnicianChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 14
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
VP of Information TechnologiesSeed Company
- Arlington, Texas
- August 30
Turning Point is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, Senior Pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, Ca. More...