To advance the mission of Operation Mobilization, this position will work in partnership with ministry leaders and qualified donors to secure funding for top priorities.
Contribute to the effectiveness of OM-USA’s national and regional development efforts:
- Manage relationships with 100 MAJOR DONORS (qualified and potential) obtained through Development office and through personal networking
- In the first year, raise a minimum of 400K. Increase this amount raised to $1,000,000 annually within 3 years.
- Communicate persuasively OM’s ethos, vision, mission, and priorities
- Work in partnership with OM field staff and OM-USA leadership to achieve funding objectives
- Implement a gift acquisition strategy for prospects and donors capable of annual gifts in excess of $10,000
- Develop donor profiles and plans, set production goals, and utilize an activity calendar to realize revenue objectives
- Meet donor’s stewardship objectives and OM’s funding goals with a servant’s heart
- Create high quality, compelling proposals and stewardship reports in collaboration with field and OM-USA leadership
- Research and network to discover qualified individuals, churches and foundations to fund OM initiatives.
- Identify Planned Giving potential. Work in collaboration with Planned Giving office to educate and provide planned gift opportunities for donors.
- Participate in team meetings and/or conference calls that are strategically necessary to accomplish development goals for OM.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of OM
- Expand and broaden the major donor, foundation, and church support base of OM USA in the region.
- Work within OM’s policies and procedures
- Report to supervisor in a timely manner
- Keep expenses within budget
- Utilize BBEC to manage the solicitation and stewardship of Major Donors
- Carry out additional administrative work as requested
1. A committed Christian and in agreement with OM USA Statement of Faith and mission.
2. Passionate about OM’s mission to demonstrate and proclaim God’s love through evangelism, church planting, discipleship, literature distribution, and relief and development work.
3. Significant major donor experience preferred
4. 5-7 years significant prior transferable professional experience required
5. Demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
6. Ability to make an effective presentation and ask for financial partnership.
7. Willingness to travel 75-100 days per year within region as well as internationally.
8. Capable of effective collaboration in a highly complex organization
9. Self starter/ takes initiative
10. Strong work ethic and an ability to work independently and solve problems
11. Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
12. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
13. Professional personal presentation
14. Good oral and written communication skills
15. Demonstrated competence in today’s electronic environment and ability to learn Blackbaud computer application.