To produce content that supports the weekend services, special events, and the ministries of Friends Church in various media formats from concept to final product.
Primary duties include:
- Conceptualize and create media that supports and enhances various aspects of the weekend experience at Friends.
- Creation of series trailers/transitions in collaboration with creative team.
- Create motion graphic based content.
- Develop pre-production concepts of media projects.
- Participate on set during video shoots as needed.
- Encode media for any application necessary.
- Manage priorities, work independently at times, and work closely within a team. The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects is essential.
- Function well in a fast-paced environment, possess a “can do" attitude, be self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently.
- Cooperate with the Visual Arts Director by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A minimum of five years of relevant editing and/or graphics experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Understanding of core design principles (typography, layout, etc.),
Proficient in Apple software, should have extensive knowledge of professional video production software; including Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and audio editing software. Good time management, coordination, active listening skills,
and judgment and decision-making skills.
Must have technical knowledge of all aspects of video editing, including importing content, working with a variety of compression formats, basic audio sweetening, and DVD authoring.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend oral and written information. Must display inductive reasoning, originality and fluency of ideas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and on-line portfolio to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org