To serve the church by providing overall direction and execution of the financial affairs of the church
Some of the primary duties include:
- Establish departmental goals and objectives, prioritize related programs, plan an appropriate budget, delegate tasks and evaluate progresses.
- Administer the work of the Department of Finance by providing leadership that fosters teamwork and mutual support to staff members in the department.
- Maintain audit controls and security procedures through a system of checks and balances.
- Support church staff in maintaining budgets and remaining compliant on finance and insurance policies.
- Oversee Global Freedom account assets and reporting.
- Provide support to Friends Church multiple sites (e.g., Orange campus).
- Manage the preparation and distribution of accurate monthly financial statements, budget comparisons and general ledger
- Assist the Pastor of Operations with Home Ranch Shopping Center holdings
- Provide additional accounting functions as follows:
- Oversee implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure IRS compliance in the receipt and accounting of designated gifts.
- Oversee weekly, monthly and quarterly giving reports for all funds.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly sales tax returns and filing of 1099s.
- Provide auditor with requested documents and assist as needed.
- Providing financial reports upon request, creating PowerPoints as needed.
- Work with volunteer committees.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences.
- Keep current in related field.
- Cooperate with Pastor of Operations by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business and a minimum five (5) years experience in the Finance field, preferably 2-3 years working experience in management capacity; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Knowledge of the principals and practices of personnel administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management; knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs; ability to develop
long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments; ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff,
employees, and the general congregation; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Must have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems; must have good language skills using the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of comprehension and grammar; must have good mathematical
skills having the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products,
specifically Excel. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate, and have good follow-up skills. Strong managerial skills. Must have upmost integrity and desire to please
God before man in stewardship.
ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff members, regulatory agencies, or members
of the congregation/community. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to staff, executive team and elders. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at email@example.com