Program and Grant Accountant
Mercy Ships is looking for an experienced accountant to join our team as the Program and Grant Accountant at our International Operations Center in Lindale, Texas.
Under general direction, the position is responsible for the financial administration related to maintaining appropriate records and fund balances for all restricted funds within Mercy Ships and serves as liaison between Finance and the Programs Implementation
Team. The position is also responsible for the financial management of post-award grant administration and related accounting duties.
- Performs restricted fund and grant related financial functions including budgeting, expense analysis, invoicing, financial reporting, journal entry, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting, grant closeout functions and financial status
- Maintains accounting records and files for all restricted funds and grants. Responsible for ensuring all transactions affecting restricted funds and grants are properly supported in accordance with accounting policies and conditions of the donor and/or
- Review purchase order requests for compliance with allowable costs of each restricted fund or grant and availability of funds for the expense.
- Establishing and maintaining a cost accounting model that can be utilized at Mercy Ship to better able the organization to make informed decisions and improve its effectiveness and productivity.
- Responsible for assuring that proper accounting practice are utilized on restricted funds, federal and non-federal grants and keeps abreast of changes to cost principles and procedures.
- Interprets and applies new or revised accounting principles and concepts to ensure that agency financial reporting is accurate and in accordance with the Federal Office of Management and Budget circulars A-122 and A-133.
- Serve as a member of the Finance team at the IOC which may include other duties as assigned by the Controller and CFO.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related field (with at least 12 credit hours of Accounting course work) required.
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience (non-profit environment preferred)
- Experience with cost principles and Federal Grants for not-for-profit organizations a plus.
If you are looking for a career that impacts thousands of lives every year, send your resume and salary expectations to