This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Enough Is Enough
Great Falls, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/21/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Job Location: Reston, Virginia
Start Date: Immediately
Enough Is Enough (EIE) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to Making the Internet a Safer Place for Children and Families. EIE is seeking an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to work closely with the Executive Director and staff of EIE in a challenging and fast-paced office environment.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a positive attitude, is detail-oriented, able to multi-task, gets along well with others, and thrives under pressure. The position offers opportunities to work with the national media; Federal and state governments and law enforcement; corporate America; non-governmental organizations, and faith-based communities – a terrific opportunity for career growth and personal development. Responsibilities include the management of the administrative functions and daily operations. Must be knowledgeable in the area of Information Technology to maintain and create office management tools.
Choose to make a difference in the fight against illegal pornography and sexual predators on the Internet. Become a member of the nation’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children online.
• 3-5 years of prior experience in executive administration and office management
• High School diploma or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Knowledgable in basic information technology applications and equipments and bility to troubleshoot technology issues that may arise
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments
• Accurate record keeping and attention to detail required
• Comfortable working with financial information
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Organized, disciplined, and structured approach to work
• Motivated and positive attitude
• Familiarity with non-profit / advocacy work is a plus
• Provide general administrative support to the CEO and Executive Director
• Responsible for the office, workflow management and quality control
• Manage office technology, computers, printers, etc.
• Handle community and media issues or concerns as needed
• Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the CEO or Executive Director
• Create and maintain database(s) of individuals and organizations with past, current, and potential interest in Internet safety issues utilizing leads generated from speaking engagements, training seminars, websites, dir
• Provide correspondence for emails inquiries, and other sources
• Support senior staff in the establishment, coordination, and management of formal partnerships with technology industry, faith-based entities, and other non-profit organizations
• Support senior staff in the development, management, and distribution of EIE programs and materials
• Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies, stationary, etc.
• Maintain and update grant files, tracking, and grant submission calendar
• Maintain and update partners/sponsor database
• Prepare business letters and memos, as required
• Manage Policies and Procedures and Office Manual
• Work with CEO or Executive Director to prepare Board reports and materials as needed
• Work with CEO to manage Outlook contacts
• Work with CEO and Executive Director to create excel spreadsheets and other financial information as needed
• Manage CEO calendar, speaking schedule and travel arrangements
• Take initiative and show leadership
• Oversee duties of interns and/ or volunteers working in office administrative capacities
How to Apply
Please send resume to Jack Hughes via email at email@example.com.
Please include at least one personal and two professional letters of reference along with your resume.