In conjunction with the Executive Director, plan, oversee, and execute the association’s annual fund development activities in order to secure and cultivate contributed support from new to mid-level to major donors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following tasks: prospect identification, donor acquisition, cultivation and stewardship; donor communication strategy and implementation; donor database oversight.
Spiritually the ideal candidate shall possess characteristics that reflect:
- Acceptance, without reservation,of the ACSI Statement of Faith
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- A mature, godly and positive spirit
- Confidence in God-given talents
Personally the candidate’s life shall reflect:
- Ability to listen and respond to counsel
- Entrepreneurial “can do” spirit
- Spirit of dedication, flexibility, and humility
- Commitment to ACSI’s mission and vision
- Donor database management experience: reporting querying, report analysis
- Excellent (professionally specific) verbal and written communication skills (writing samples required)
- Ability to move multiple tasks forward concurrently
- Expertise in producing marketing copy for direct mail and in directing the design process
- Comfort with digital media and social networking venues
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve department goals
- Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Baccalaureate degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of successful development experience in areas of assigned responsibilities preferred
- Plan and implement all annual giving activities (acquisition to mid-level to major giving) to achieve department’s fund-raising goals
- Prepare and maintain annual calendar for all donor acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities for assigned donor segment
- Develop and manage an annual donor communication calendar; personally cultivating the top tier annual donors
- Produce (create, develop, write, and update) Case for Support for annual giving fund
- Oversee donor database strategy to insure integrity of receipting, reporting, and communication
- Create budget and monitor income and expense for each development activity to insure progress toward identified goals
- Develop, produce, and maintain donor communication tools: newsletters, direct mail appeals, giving statements, e-communications
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, produce donor acquisition tools:direct mail, phone, and email campaigns
- Promote and facilitate recurring gifts, primarily through online giving
- Use social networking channels to encourage donor feedback, networking, and engagement
- In conjunction with Executive Director, plan and execute plan to transition donors from annual giving to major giving
- In conjunction with Executive Director, strategically transition donors—when appropriate—to ACSI Education Foundation mission and vision.
- Complete all duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Accountable to the Executive Director
- Accountable to the agreed upon job description and ACSI’s policies
- Accountable to agreed upon goals and timelines
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read at close range.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Lifting requirements up to 25 pounds.
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits are established within ACSI guidelines and are commensurate with prior experience.
Download an application from the ACSI website at www.acsi.org and forward all completed application materials, along with a current resume’, to the following:
Human Resources, ACSI
731 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
FAX: (719) 867-0154
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Association of Christian Schools International
The Association of Christian schools International (ACSI) is a faith-based educational association committed to enabling Christian educators and Christian schools to effectively prepare students to live as thoroughly prepared, sold-out followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI operates from its headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and is presently working in over 100 countries through 17 regional offices around the world. Today, ACSI serves over 1.2 million children by enabling teachers and schools to provide for them the best Christ-centered educ More...