This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join our ministry at the Orange County Rescue Mission. We are currently searching for a qualified Preschool Teacher to join our Children's Dream Center. We are looking for a gifted teacher to teach the minds and nurture the souls of the children that God has placed in our care at the Village of Hope in Tustin, CA. The ideal candidate will have completed all required ECE units for preschool teaching and have at least 3 years of experience working in a preschool setting. Experience working in a community outreach teaching position is a plus. Must have the ability to work with children and adults in crisis using a Bible based approach to all aspects of teaching children and guiding parents.
SUBMIT JOB APPLICATION FOLLOW OUR LINK
Job Title: Preschool Teacher/Orange County Rescue Mission
SEND resume and job application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CALLS please
Summary Instructs children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, execute and maintain a file of weekly plans of classroom activities for children.
- Set up and maintain a safe, attractive, developmentally appropriate classroom environment for children to encourage autonomy, creativity and particularly individual and group problem solving.
- Conduct ongoing observations of the children enrolled in the classroom. Maintain an anecdotal record in order to assess each child’s construction of knowledge and overall developmental progress.
- Develop and facilitate activities that will promote healthy social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of each child, allowing the child to feel accepted and free to express feelings.
- Maintain attendance records and progress reports.
- Keep an inventory of materials needed.
- Supervise and serve snacks and meals.
- Supervise children at all times to ensure their safety.
- Assist the children in keeping outside and inside play areas clean and orderly.
- Ensure supplies are put away and children’s areas are prepared, organized and clean for the following day.
- Conduct routine diaper checks.
- Supervise and assist children with toileting.
- Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness and self care.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
Job Skills & Minimum Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times.
- Minimum 1 Year experience teaching preschool children.
- Good working knowledge of the Bible.
- 12 Early Childhood Education Core Units.
- Must be able to relate well to adults, children and work effectively with other adults/parents in a classroom situation.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals in crisis.
- Ability to effectively meet required deadlines.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
- Maintain membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Early Childhood Education Certification
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software and Outlook.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please no calls: job application available at www.rescuemission.org , under About, Employment, OCRM jobs-you may also fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
PrincipalRiver City Believers Academy
- San Antonio, Texas
- September 11
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Orange County Rescue Mission
Serving the least, the last and the lost - providing shelter, food, health care, guidance & training to neighbors in need.
To minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities.