Sr. Help Desk Technician – Irving, TX
Responsible for desktop problem analysis, trouble-shooting, resolution as required on various computing products and technologies. As a member of the Helpdesk Shared Services team, the Senior Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for opening, monitoring,
tracking and delivering Helpdesk services and support incident requests nationwide - abiding by Salem Corporate ITSS standard policies and procedures. The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for establishing, implementing, securing, patching, documenting,
and maintaining Salem’s existing and future Desktop, Laptop and Printer standard configuration deployments. This individual will facilitate execution of orderly rollouts of the aforementioned desktop systems and applications throughout he companies’ nationwide
locations – while working together with vendors, service providers and other Salem technical staff to insure the highest levels of system availability and customer service
This position will require that the employee carry a company assigned cell phone, pager or other such remote communications device and participate is 24 x 7 on-call support rotation with other Salem technical staff.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve Windows and MAC OS X hardware configuration, application software, security, firmware and connectivity issues on PC and Macintosh systems, utilizing Salem’s Service Desk incident tracking system.
- Perform local and remote phone and electronic support and incident response to various end users within an enterprise environment.
- Interact with clients, other members of the team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard solutions for our clients.
- Troubleshoot LAN Connectivity, Desktop applications and configurations, Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, MS Office 2002, 2003, 2007, VPN Connectivity, etc.
- Install and perform VOIP and POTS phone troubleshooting and configuration.
- Prepare and Deploy new employee Desktop, Laptop and Printer configurations including software upgrade testing, packaging, imaging and deployments.
- Maintain Salem Corporate Desktop, Laptop and Peripheral Hardware and Software Inventory
- Foster a positive attitude and team player spirit with coworkers, geared toward providing mentoring support to more junior analysts, as well as, A+ Customer Service and Satisfaction.
- Excellent Communication skills including; written, verbal, and listening.
- Up to 25% travel to other Salem domestic locations may be required.
- Shift start time is 7:00 a.m.
Must currently live in or near the Dallas area.
Desired Job Experience: Minimum of 5+ years in IT Helpdesk support
Desired Education or Degree: Some College preferred, H.S. Diploma or equivalent a must.
Dallas, Texas (Office in Irving)
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary based upon experience and a
comprehensive benefit package as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at
If you possess these skills and Salem sounds like the company for you please send
resume, cover letter and salary requirements to
For your resume to be considered, it is important to mention "Help Desk Dallas" in the subject line.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer