The Executive Director, Marketing participates in CHF's mission (see below) through the development and implementation of CHF’s strategic and tactical marketing plan, as approved by the Executive Team, with a view to systematically and effectively strengthen the ministry’s overall brand awareness. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the timely and effective implementation of CHF’s brand, print/video/web/social media communications, media and public relations opportunities, and mentoring marketing team members. Also requires ongoing awareness of all CHF activities, conferences, and events, ensuring timely and effective associated internal and external communications. Actively participates as a member of the Executive Team and Leadership Team.
CHF's Mission: To deliver hope to suffering children by equipping local churches for gospel-centered mercy ministry.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan to advance CHF’s brand identity, broaden awareness, and increase the visibility of its programs, in alignment with CHF’s mission, distinctives, values and statement of faith.
- Develop and implement a marketing/public relations strategy that cultivates and enhances meaningful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization; define and execute appropriate strategies to address them.
- Champion CHF’s brand, ensuring its integrity and consistency across all internal and external communications; oversee and ensure effectiveness of ongoing brand development and awareness.
- Ensure the timely and effective development and release of all CHF print and video communications; effectively prioritize projects and allocation of internal resources.
- Oversee effective internal media response and serve as a lead spokesperson on media interactions.
- Oversee and cultivate media relationships for timely coverage of CHF programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects, including preparation of associated support material.
- Analyze and report on trends, demographics and return on investment for marketing and fundraising projects.
- Oversee the ongoing development and implementation of CHF’s volunteer program.
- Participate in CHF’s various internal and external meetings and fundraising events.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; active member of a local church; demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Master’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 10 years of related professional experience with demonstrated success in a marketing leadership function (non-profit preferred) including 5 years of management experience
- 5 years of successful writing, editing and production experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media (e.g., newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature)
- Demonstrated successful experience and leadership in developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program that advances and achieves an organization's mission and goals, with a proven track record of translating strategic initiatives into effective tactical plans and output
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with media contacts for impactful results
- Creative, thoughtful and effective utilization of current and new media technologies
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of seniority, within and outside CHF
- Insightful with ability to ask probing questions that draw out details such as to assist in prioritizing and decision making
- Ability to gather, analyze and present data in understandable and professional format
- Proven decision making, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills; ability to independently construct, communicate, and implement effective solutions (whether people-, task-, or program-related) in a changing environment while appropriately addressing immediate and future needs and impact, with discernment to appropriately judge when to obtain additional counsel and/or input
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and reliable follow-through, with ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Coaching management style; ability to appropriately influence, engage, and mentor department team members
- Superior customer focus with ability to lead by example and develop others in their customer focus
- High energy and passion for CHF’s mission with ability to clearly present CHF’s mission and ministry
- Ability to work independently without close oversight and as team player who productively engages others
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful, with proactive approach to all responsibilities
- Competent computer user (MS Office, Internet); able to quickly learn new software applications; experienced and knowledgeable in various social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), website and marketing technologies
- Fluency in Spanish (written/read/spoken) is a plus
To indicate interest in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; include your name and the position title in the subject line of the email.
You will receive a confirmation email that your information has been received. Our Human Resources department will follow up with those candidates who most closely meet CHF's requirements. Thank you for your interest in Children’s Hunger Fund! The mind of a man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)
Please note that CHF does not consider resumes as applications for employment.
To learn more about Children's Hunger Fund, please visit us on the web at www.chfus.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Community Development Manager (Non-profit Outside Sales)Children of the Nations
- Seattle, Washington
- September 20
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Children's Hunger Fund
Children’s Hunger Fund (CHF) has practiced Gospel-centered mercy ministry for more than twenty years. Since 1991, 99% of CHF’s total contributions—over 1 billion dollars in food and other aid—have been distributed through programs serving more than 20 million children across America and around the world.More...