The Executive Director, Development participates in CHF's mission (see below) through the development and successful implementation of CHF's strategic and tactical development plan, with a view to systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's
overall fundraising capacity while meeting annual objectives and maintaining CHF's commitment to integrity. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the ongoing encouragement and development of current and new relationships, both individual and corporate,
and mentoring development team members. Actively participates as a member of the Executive Team and Leadership Team.
CHF's Mission: To deliver hope to suffering children by equipping local churches for gospel-centered mercy ministry.
- Develop and successfully implement a comprehensive development strategy, including planned giving and major gift office programs.
- Support and partner with CHF personnel and board members on major fundraising initiatives and events.
- Oversee grant writing, including proposals to fund existing program and operational expenses as well as expansion opportunities.
- Ensure timely research and monthly reporting to the Executive Team of funding sources and trends, including strategic analysis and recommendations.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of donor information.
- Monitor, analyze, and present monthly reports to the Executive Team on the progress of all facets of the development program.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and assess capital campaigns for major projects.
- Participate in CHF's various internal and external meetings and fundraising events.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; active member of a local church; demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Master's degree in business or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 10 years of related professional experience with demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources) including 5 years of management experience
- Demonstrated successful experience and leadership in developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive development program that expands and cultivates new and existing donor relationships over time, with a proven track record of translating strategic
initiatives into effective tactical plans and output
- Professional stature, gravitas, and integrity, with humble confidence, that establishes credibility and inspires the respect of others
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of seniority, within and outside CHF
- Insightful with ability to ask probing questions that draw out details such as to assist in prioritizing and decision making
- Ability to gather, analyze and present data in understandable and professional format
- Proven decision making, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills; ability to independently construct, communicate, and implement effective solutions (whether people-, task-, or program-related) in a changing environment while appropriately addressing
immediate and future needs and impact, with discernment to appropriately judge when to obtain additional counsel and/or input
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and reliable follow-through, with ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Coaching management style; ability to appropriately influence, engage, and mentor department team members
- Superior customer focus with ability to lead by example and develop others in their customer focus
- High energy and passion for CHF's mission, ability to clearly present CHF's mission and ministry
- Ability to work independently without close oversight and as team player who productively engages others
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful, with proactive approach to all responsibilities
- Competent computer user (MS Office, Internet); able to quickly learn new software applications; familiar with donor relationship management software (Raiser's Edge preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish (written/spoken) is a plus
To indicate interest in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org; include your name and the position title in the subject line of the email.
You will receive a confirmation email that your information has been received. Our Human Resources department will follow up with those candidates who most closely meet CHF's requirements. Thank you for your interest in Children’s Hunger Fund! The mind
of a man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)
Please note that CHF does not consider resumes as applications for employment.
To learn more about Children's Hunger Fund, please visit us on the web at