Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered
relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
Job Description Summary
Accomplishing the above mission requires good relationships with Forest Home’s friends and financial supporters. Facilitating their partnership in the gospel and keeping them up-to-date on all God is doing requires a dedicated and professional fund raising
The Associate Director of Development will oversee and/or carry out many day-to-day responsibilities of fund raising including planning and implementing annual fund raising and capital campaign strategies (annual fund, direct mail, donor proposals and reports,
online giving, gifts-in-kind, team meetings, events, database management, etc.).
Forest Home launched the Dream Big capital campaign in 2013 with plans to repair, renovate, and replace 75-year-old camp buildings and facilities. The Assistant Director of Development will primarily work behind the scenes to develop and implement strategy,
serve the team, and move the capital campaign forward.
This person works in Forest Falls, CA, and reports to the Sr. Director of Development.
The personal criteria for this position include
- Strong strategist.
- Common sense.
- Hard worker.
- Able to develop a plan, carry it through, and evaluate results.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Perceptive, perseverating, and persistent.
- Good at planning, organizing, and follow through.
- Tolerance for ambiguity.
- Light-hearted with a sense of humor.
- Spiritual gift of leadership/ruling or administration.
- Commitment to Forest Home’s mission and the position necessary for a robust and growing annual fund, capital campaign, and long-range growth.
- Growing in faith, morally pure, and socially mature.
- StrengthsFinder themes may include: Achiever, Analytical, Arranger, Belief, Connectedness, Context, Focus, Futuristic, Ideation, Learner, Responsibility, and Strategic.
- Writes and implements well-rounded annual fund raising plans to accomplish strategic goals and objectives with the Sr. Director and development team members.
- Sets goals for individual and team activity and income, measure progress, adjust as necessary.
- Supervises database management and uses Raisers Edge for tracking and reporting individual and team goals and progress toward goals.
- Plans and implements the annual fund and other fund raising strategies.
- Develops and implements direct mail or oversee the outsourcing of direct mail.
- Adjusts and implements new strategies to connect with the next generation of givers.
- Plans, implements, follow-ups, and evaluates events.
- Plans and implements all donor communication (direct mail, newsletters, reports on ministry progress, etc.)
- Grows online strategies for donor engagement, including website, email, and social media.
- Integrates donor communication with general camp communication.
- Integrates development strategies and goals with marketing strategies and goals.
- Oversees giver records and reporting via Forest Home’s database (Raisers Edge).
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Technical experience in data management.
- Minimum of five years in fundraising with demonstrated competency.
- Mature fund raising professional with history of solid philosophy, best practices, and demonstrated productivity.
- Experience with direct mail, annual fund, major gifts, foundations and grants, planned giving, and capital campaigns preferred.
- Effective background in managing direct mail.
- Good sense of the metrics used to evaluate fund raising results and effectiveness. Able to track those metrics and make good decisions from them.
- Experience with fund raising database management and oversight.
- Able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, in a flexible environment.
- Able to juggle many projects and priorities at once.
- Experience effectively engaging donors via social media.
- Versed in biblical examples of funding for the work of God and how to pursue that funding in a way that honors God and the donor.
- Heart for Forest Home’s ministry and mission.
- Handles confidential information with respect and care.
- Good collaborative skills.
- Agreement with Forest Home’s statement of faith.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Please send your resume to email@example.com in order to apply for this position.