One Mission Society International (OMSI), an evangelical, interdenominational, faith based mission is seeking an International President. The position will be available Summer 2014 upon the transition of the current President into a new role. Since OMSI’s
founding in 1901 by Charles and Lettie Cowman (Streams in the Desert), OMSI, by God’s grace, has continued to unite, inspire and equip Christians to make disciples of Jesus Christ, multiplying dynamic communities of believers around the world.
OMSI four-fold focus of Intentional Evangelism, Church Planting, Training Leaders and Strategic Partnerships has led to ministries in over 70 countries in the world today. The International President provides leadership for developing the strategic plan
and the goals related to the strategic plan in conjunction with the Board, for the purpose of fulfilling the OMS mission.
OMSI is seeking an individual who is a spiritual leader that is committed to the role of international missionaries and mission movements in completing the Scriptural mandate of fulfilling the Great Commission. The President must also understand the theological,
social and cultural issues facing the Church and how these could affect an organization such as OMSI.
- Must have a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Must have a strong cross-cultural awareness and an understanding of current trends in missiology.
- Experience in executive leadership positions in complex organizations and in organizations undergoing structural change is highly desired.
- Must have a strong understanding of the principles of budgeting and financial management.
- Responsible for mission-wide fundraising and the overall financial health of the mission, and to encourage others in OMS who raise their own support.
- Significant experience in a Christian ministry organization, preferably one involved with missions is required.
- Needs to be well connected with the Christian community in order to tell and sell the story of One Mission Society.
- Must adhere unequivocally to OMS’s Articles of Faith.
One Mission Society International headquarters is located in Greenwood, Indiana, USA. All interested candidates should forward resume and cover letter to: Prezsearch@onemissionsociety.org. www.onemissionsociety.org