Controller / CFO - open position at Corporate Chaplains of America
Corporate Chaplains of America, Inc. (CCA) is a non-denominational 501(c)3 ministry located in Raleigh, NC that operates like a business. Our model is to source company owners who care for their employees and see them as a mission field. On a fee for service
basis, we hire, train and manage Chaplains who execute our mission statement. CCA is well capitalized with a positive cash flow and growing. With a $10mm budget and 18 years of experience, we currently directly provide care to over 75k employees in 36 states
and four countries. Finally, we have been a member of the ECFA for many years and, as such, have had annual outside audits every year with no exceptions reported.
The Controller/CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior
leadership. S/he will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), HR, and IT for a national organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for CCA’s mission statement is essential.
- A minimum of a BS and CPA/CMA; an MBA would be a plus.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the chief executive of a multi-state and network-based entity. If coming from the for-profit world, nonprofit board experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Hands-on, expert level Spreadsheet skills and knowledge (Excel, Quattro or Lotus, QuickBooks, ADP).
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll working knowledge.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial, HR, and technology policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
- A collaborative manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Strong managerial abilities and commitment to developing team members.
If you feel you meet these qualifications and you resonate with our Mission Statement, please provide your resume and cover letter confidentially to Diane Parker,
firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information can be found on our website www.chaplain.org