Please do NOT apply through Chrisitan Jobs. TO APPLY go to the following URL:
Would you like to change the world with great design? The CRISTA Ministries department of Annual Programs is looking for a talented designer, someone who is able to tell an inspiring, understandable story in a variety of mediums.
CRISTA Ministries includes both domestic and international non-profits, including World Concern and Seattle Urban Academy. Our ministries reach people in their time of need – and walk with them to a better place. You will be using design for good – helping
people struggling in extreme poverty in places like Somalia and Laos – and domestically, though Seattle Urban Academy’s ministry to at-risk youth.
This designer will be one of the primary visual communicators for our fundraising initiatives.
The right candidate for this job will be an exceptionally hard worker, teachable, humble, and want to work on a team. We’re looking for someone who is thoughtful, flexible and smart, a designer who can envision compelling ways to tell stories through their
The designer will receive a diverse and continuous flow of project requests. Key areas of contribution will be production of newsletters, appeal letters and web content. Secondary areas of engagement will be in the arena of motion graphics and mobile design.
(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
1. Christian Commitment:
- Demonstrate a Christian lifestyle
- Personal daily walk of faith and passion for local and world missions
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Visual Art or Creative Design from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. May substitute relevant work experience for education on a year-for-year
- Agency experience preferred
- Strong employment history
- Must be able to successfully lead and/or work with a team in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to independently manage multiple projects and timelines. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
5. Other Considerations:
- Portfolio review required
- Demonstrate an organized work style
- Able to maintain a high degree of enthusiasm and energy and promote a positive attitude to others
SOFTWARE AND SKILLS USED:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Strong layout skills for print, including typography skills, file preparation and packaging, pre-press and printing issues
- Solid understanding of designing intuitive, web-based user interfaces, functionality, navigation, color schemes and typography
- Must be creative, flexible, detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects/deadlines successfully
- Some experience with Flash or AfterEffects
- · Experience with and/or understanding of HTML5 / CSS3 animations
- · Mobile or app design experience