Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for Infrastructure Systems Analyst
in the Information Technology Department. The position reports to the Infrastructure Services Manager and is part of the Infrastructure Services team. This is a
full-time, 12-month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Infrastructure Systems Analyst is responsible for the ongoing management and operation of the Taylor University server and storage resources. He/she works very closely with others in the Information Technology department to ensure the availability and
reliability of the university's various enterprise and workgroup server and storage systems. This position is a member of a dynamic team environment, and based upon the complexity of the server and storage environment, the person will be expected to handle
a variety of tasks and projects based upon university priorities.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a Computer Science or related field) and/or appropriate systems certifications required (i.e. MCSE: Messaging, RHCSA, or higher).
- Knowledge of server and storage systems and have a general understanding of the Information Technology industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems including installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, scripting, systems integration, and clustering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange including installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, scripting, clustering, and systems integration with communications technologies (Unified Messaging, Lync, Fax Gateway).
- Knowledge of enterprise backup systems (CommVault Simpana), iSCSI SANS (Dell EqualLogic), and virtual server environments (VMWare ESX, VSphere, VCenter)
- Ability to make mature decisions, have good interpersonal skills, mature judgment, ability to learn quickly, ability to plan and schedule work, ability to quickly learn and apply new technology.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions during normal office hours.
- Responsible to manage and support the university server and storage systems including the physical hardware, virtual environment, the operating system, core system applications and associated business continuity/disaster recovery systems. Ensure high availability
and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems.
- Responsible to support the Microsoft Exchange systems including integrated applications across a multi-server environment, including back-ups and verification, performance monitoring, and access design.
- Assure that maintenance contracts on all server and storage systems and core system applications are up to date and sufficient to facilitate full recovery within a reasonable amount of time. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory
are properly maintained.
- Assure proper security of server and storage system access by implementing security and business continuity/disaster recovery policies and procedures in conjunction with the Infrastructure Services Manager and Director of Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Monitor and report system and storage utilization. Assist in the development of plans for needed storage and server systems upgrades both within and outside the institution. Provide modeling data and trend analysis for proposed expansion of the systems
he/she is directly responsible for.
- Manage, in partnership with the Enterprise Systems teams, the Active Directory system for the university. Train and support others in the Information Technology department on the creation and maintenance of Exchange and Active Directory accounts. Maintain
the integrity and security of University Identity Management.
- Manage, in partnership with the Enterprise Systems teams, server databases in use at the university. This includes support of the server operating systems, file storage systems, and backups associated with the database server software and data.
- Manage and work alongside outside vendors and contractors on systems support.
- Work closely with the Client and Media Services team to provide technical assistance, support, and training when requested or necessary.
- Assist the Infrastructure Services Manager and the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure in defining long-range strategies to provide sufficient server and storage capacity and appropriate functionality for growth and new programs.
- Secondary management and support of network communications infrastructure.
- Responsible for learning and supporting new technologies for the University as assigned.
- Lead and/or work on department project teams as assigned.
Apply Now by going to Taylor's job posting at: https://www.taylor.edu/jobs/