The Digital Media Coordinator (DMC) position exists to promote and distribute Family Talk content on multiple digital communications platforms and Internet-based applications under the general supervision of the Digital Asset Manager.
· Champions Family Talk’s presence on social media websites; responsible to make social media communication informative, relevant, and current for constituents.
· Makes recommendations for the coordination of development, advancements, technology upgrades, creativity to social media resources.
· Creatively and proactively assists and integrates efforts with the Family Talk marketing team.
· Serves as the point of contact for inbound messages through social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook.
· Identifies, analyzes issues, patterns and trends and reports on constituent experience on social media channels.
· Monitors and participates in online conversation via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
· Monitors media channels for content issues.
· Develops and executes initiatives to drive ministry-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience.
· Identifies and drives opportunities for intersecting online community features with potential content exchange or ministry partners.
· Provides tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to the Marketing Director.
· Coordinates information within the ministry’s mobile application.
- Moderate and inspire promotional communications to encourage exchange and “sharing” of user-generated content.
- Coordinate Family Talk’s social media efforts to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding the Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk brand and products through the use of online communities.
- Coordinate, update, enhance and integrate marketing and communications efforts through social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Pinterest, and other channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the Ministry; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk’s ministry in prayer. Demonstrate behaviors aligned with Family Talk’s core values.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year in related digital, communications, or social media experience desired.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understands social media universe such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Wikipedia, YouTube, Pinterest…etc)
- Possesses strong computer/internet skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to create editorial and creative content quickly.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously-both internal and external-in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
- Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including basic keyword research.
- Understands what it means to shoulder the communication of a brand
- Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of market trends.
- Additionally, the following qualities are recommended:
· Achiever – Must have a great deal of stamina and work hard. Must take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
· Activator – People here can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.
· Command – Need to be a self-starter and make decisions.
· Focus – Must be able to take direction and criticism, follow through, and make corrections necessary to stay on track.
· Inclusiveness – People here are accepting of others and work as a team. Must be able to be a team player and contribute to the entire vision of campaigns and strategy.
· Entrepreneurial Spirit – Excitement for growth and vision are a must for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. The ministry is a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the ministry reserves the right to modify, delete or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Community Development Manager (Non-profit Outside Sales)Children of the Nations
- Seattle, Washington
- September 20
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Family Talk Mission Statement
"To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture."More...