The Anglican Church in North America administrative office in Ambridge, PA is seeking an Accounting & Database Clerk to work ¾ time in our Finance Department and ¼ time in our Communications Department. This position is full-time with benefits. Salary range will be $30,000 to $35,000 depending on education and experience. Please review our church website at www.anglicanchurch.net .
A successful candidate will perform a variety of duties in both the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, as well as assisting with database, website, reporting needs and customer service. The Clerk’s primary responsibility is to assist the Accounting Assistant with all financial processing. He/She will also work closely with the Controller and the Communications Manager. This position reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes all accounts payable transactions, prepares/enters invoices and processes payments using ACS financial software. Obtains required approvals. Performs database maintenance.
- Prepares deposit spreadsheets, posts deposits, and ensures proper donor receipts.
- Audits and processes reimbursement requests and credit card accounts.
- Clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or requests; obtains proper information and back-up for invoice payments. Follows internal controls.
- Contacts vendors and donors to resolve any problems; Answers vendor and donor inquiries.
- Advises supervisor of any posting errors or non-compliance issues.
- Assists with payroll and reconciliations. Maintains filing systems.
- Performs customer service via email and telephone, database updates and website postings.
- Assists with the annual Congregational Reports, including support, analysis, and formatting.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned. Answers telephones when necessary.
- As basic job requirements are mastered, there is opportunity for further professional growth.
- A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of working in the administration of Christ’s church. A team player with a positive attitude.
- A teachable person who takes ongoing instruction and constructive critique well.
- A demonstrated ability to be precise in performing detailed and multi-faceted transactions, and a commitment to accuracy before speed.
- Experience in bookkeeping, financial processing, and/or a degree in Accounting or related field.
- Effective customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the ability to learn new computer software.
- A desire for long-term employment.
Please email resume with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: ACNA Controller, PO Box 447, Ambridge, PA 15003-0447. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7