Role: a visionary fueled by a passion to help children find and follow Christ who innovates seeking new horizons to capture the hearts and minds of children; who has the ability to inspire volunteers to invest their energy toward the vision;
a high results oriented individual who initiates volunteer development. This individual is responsible for the whole of Children's Ministry.
- Understand and project the mission, vision and values of Richwoods into the Children’s Ministry. Work cooperatively with all staff, elders and ministry leaders to promote a one church mind-set. Maintain a teachable spirit, a servant heart and a desire to
be a life-long learner.
- Works with the Campus Pastor to ensure results both meet the unique needs of this campus and promote Richwoods’ “DNA” (campus & ministry constants).
- Works with other Richwoods Children’s Ministry Director(s) to contribute to and maintain a consistent direction for the overall ministry through strategic planning and collaboration.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry for the Knoxville Campus including: Safety procedures and systems, equipping volunteers, child-care for designated programs, and weekend KidsROCK programs.
- Be strategically visible during weekend services, attend weekly staff meetings, quarterly Leadership Communities, agreed upon leadership retreats, conferences, and seminars.
- Track, analyze and report “healthy” ministry indicators on a seasonal basis, (every 4 months).
- Participatory leadership which cheers volunteers on with joy and curiosity; creating and maintaining a culture of innovation turning new ideas into opportunities to help children find and follow Christ.
- Provides care-giving to children/families as needed (e.g. hospital visitation, focused prayer, baptism, and follow-up of visitors)
- Provides relational discipleship and soul care to leaders and volunteers of the Children’s Ministry.