RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA)
LUSTRE CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL
The Resident Assistant (RA) position assists the dorm parents in focusing on enhancing the quality of life in the dorm, including fostering a Christian family atmosphere, providing academic support, being attentive to safety and security of the teenagers while also looking after their emotional, physical, and spiritual needs. The position requires a couple who is flexible enough to assume a variety of roles as dictated by the dorm parents and the changing needs of students. It is crucial that they are able to relate well to others. The RAs, along with the dorm parents, are responsible for creating an environment in which the teenagers are given opportunities to know Jesus Christ, while also developing independence and learning to live cooperatively with others.
- US Citizenship
- Clean criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. It may be recommended that they also obtain a passenger endorsement.
- Must be a believer and possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Have knowledge of the Bible; specifically the ability to articulate the plan of salvation, and the ability to apply Biblical principles to everyday situations
- Must have a passion to creatively serve, support, and assist dorm students
- Must be willing and able to focus most of their attention on the dorm students
- Must commit to serve as an RA for the entire academic year
- Must possess the ability to exercise authority and maintain discipline with compassion and consistency in a close dormitory living situation with up to 30 teenagers.
- Must possess maturity, leadership, strong communication and decision making skills, a collaborative nature, teachability, enthusiasm, flexibility, a desire to help students of different cultures succeed, and a sense of humor
- Must have conflict management skills and the ability to help teenagers cope with difficult situations
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills (punctuality)
- Must possess a positive attitude that embraces the mission along with the policies and procedures of Lustre Christian High School
- Exercise good use of personal judgment to protect his/her credibility in the eyes of others which is critical to his/her ability to perform the job
- Must promote a culture of respect, mutual support, accountability, tolerance, service, compassion, and social and academic excellence
- Maintain open communication with dorm parents and dorm committee
- Prepare breakfast each morning for the dorm students, and be able to help prepare meals on weekends within a set budget
- Tutor students and assist with homework; maintaining an environment conductive to studying while promoting proper study habits
- Attend family style dinners with the dorm students each evening
- Help with evening/weekend activities in the dorm, including sports and special outings
- Set an example of cleanliness and encourage/enforce standards throughout the dorm
- Take a group of teenagers to church every Sunday morning
- Assist with devotions
- May meet with students who are experiencing concerns (roommate conflicts, personal issues, etc.) and refer them to the dorm parents for assistance as necessary
- Maintenance of equipment, materials, electronics
- Upkeep of the dorm including shovelling sidewalks, mowing grass, some dorm maintenance, and maintenance of the boiler
- Maintaining the dorm blog
- Assist with first aid when needed
- Assist in preparing the dorm for start and close of term
- Attend routine staff meetings
- Assist dorm parents as needed
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
House ParentProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 27
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Female night duty staff personHope House, Inc.
- Marsing, Idaho
- September 24
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Lustre Christian High School
Lustre Christian High School is a unique educational institution because it serves as both a Christian high school for the community and as a qualified Christian boarding school. LCHS is equipped to meet the needs of most high school students and is accredited by the state of Montana. Its very rural location gives the students a unique opportunity to attend school free from distractions that many other schools or locations offer. LCHS offers a strong, basic, high school program in a safe environment. Qualified, state-certifi More...