Salem Media of Hawaii is seeking an On-Air Host for its 107.9FM Kool Gold “Classic Hits” format and Program Director for two of its cluster stations (KKOL & KHCM-FM).
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Host a morning show on 107.9FM Kool Gold
- Manage Quality Control for KKOL and KHCM-FM
- Assist in keeping the stations in FCC compliance
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to maximize station’s revenue potential
- Coordinate with Promotions and Sales regarding station promotions and events
- Coordinate and run remote broadcasts
- Voice commercials
- Operate on-air board as needed
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain social media and web applications, including Facebook and Twitter
- Assist Operations Manager with assigned tasks
- Passion for Classic Hits and Hot Country formats
- Minimum of 5 years of on-air experience
- Minimum of 5 years programming experience
- Must be proficient with ENCO and Selector operating systems
- Must be able to write compelling teases, promos and spots
- Prior experience with Social Media and web applications
- Must understand internal and external promotions and station imaging
- Must be familiar with Program Logs
- Must have Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to critique and coach On-Air Staff to maximize their potential
- Ability to market stations successfully both on and off air
- Strong people and communication skills
- Team player willing to work with other departments to create a positive work environment
- Excellent on-air skills
Please visit our website for more information about Salem at www.salem.cc.
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media of Hawaii sounds like the company for you, please submit your demo, cover letter and resume with “On-Air Host/Program Director” in the subject line to
No phone calls please.
Local applicants only.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer