HVMI is seeking a new missionary to serve full time as HANDI*CAMP DIRECTOR.
The Director has the overall administrative responsibility for the development of the Handi*Camp ministry - an overnight, Christian camping program for children, teens and adults with physical, intellectual or multiple disabilities. The Director should model a servant-leader style while shepherding and leading those under his/her care. There is an existing camp leadership team in place, so the Director should value team input throughout the year and during camp. A detailed position description is available to provide additional information. Handi*Camp is one outreach of Handi*Vangelism Ministries International (HVMI),
a Christian missionary organization founded in 1973. Handi*Camp currently provides six sessions of camp for over 150 campers each summer in southeastern PA and southern NJ using two rented camp facilities. HVMI is a multi-faceted ministry. Opportunities exist to also be involved in other outreaches of HVMI (besides Handi*Camp):
* BASIS - for bereaved parents and families
* Disability Training - supporting the church in disability ministry
* Discipleship Ministries/Sharing HOPE - year round opportunities for people with disabilities, people who are hospitalized, or people who live in residential facilities
* Grief Seminars - help for coping with loss
* International - HVMI Ghana ministries and other training ministries
* Minds Renewed - addressing mental health issues
* PIP - for parents of individuals with disabilities
* REST Ministries - for those who have experienced abuse, addictions, imprisonment
* Twilight Senior Ministries - for those in nursing homes Missionaries with HVMI are faith-supported for personal salary
(each person on the HVMI staff can attest how God faithfully provides through donations by individuals and churches each month!). Training and assistance is given to all new missionaries to help in establishing a team of prayer and financial supporters. HVMI funds provide reimbursement of ministry expenses for each HVMI missionary.
You may request a detailed position description by contacting Assistant Camp Director, Brian RobinsonTo Apply for this job please forward your Resume and Cover letter to Assistant Director
Prayerfully consider joining the HVMI staff team. Check out our ministry website to learn more about HVMI, Handi*Camp and this ministry opportunity.