Organization: Potter’s House Christian School, Grand Rapids MI.
Potter’s House is a private school located in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a mission of making Christ-centered education available to all children. TPH provides education to children of all ethnic heritages and income levels, equipping them to serve God and
society to their fullest potential. TPH currently serves 530 students PK - 12th grade on two campuses and nearly 80% of the students receive tuition assistance.
Knowing that fund raising is relational, the general purpose for this position is to establish and grow relationships with current and prospective major donors for the purpose of increasing financial support to the ministry. Operational, endowment and capital
funding will be sought.
- Identify prospective major donors and determine capacity for making a gift to the ministry ($10,000 and above), under the direction of the Director of Development and Foundation.
- Develop and execute strategies for cultivating donor relationships and soliciting gifts.
- Raise the personal involvement level of all donors.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with a portfolio of approximately 125-150 prospective and current major donors.
- Maintain records of all development activities, donor contact and cultivation efforts and demographic information; follow established system policies and procedures.
- Minimum of five years of successful development or fund raising experience is desired along with a successful track record in closing gifts in the 5 figure range and up.
- Prefer Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Strong passion for the ministry of The Potter’s House and adherence to its core values.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ and an active member of a Christian church.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email