Children’s Ministry/Family Pastor
Calvary Worship Center*, a dynamic church in Colorado Springs, Colorado is looking to hire a full-time Children’s Ministry/Family Pastor immediately. Our church of approximately 2,500 (and growing) is focused on reaching young families. We are looking
for a visionary and seasoned man whose leadership style is skilled and proven. The right candidate must be willing to commit to this role for at least three years.
The Children’s Ministry/Family Pastor will provide strong leadership, training, support and oversight to all CM staff. The role is responsible for CM Vision and defining and implementing strategies to meet that vision. Additionally, he will be responsible
for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their responsibility as the primary spiritual leader of their children.
- Three-five years experience in directing a larger size Children’s Ministry, including leading with vision and implementing of strategies. Also, management of paid ministry staff and of a large volunteer team.
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; evidenced by action, attitude, speech & behavior.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children & families.
- Experience in designing and developing CM programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal & interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families in the church.
- Competent with basic computer software and KidCheck management software and the capacity to learn new software.
- Leading with Vision for CM and strategies that meet that vision.
- Manages overall organization, design, and oversight of CM programs.
- Recruits and utilizes a CM leadership team for advice & support.
- Manages nursery/childcare needs for all programs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, leads, schedules, and provides direction to volunteers in all children’s programs – newborn through 5th grade; either directly or through other staff, lay leaders, and teams.
Discipling: Sees that volunteers and staff in the ministry are discipled as they do their ministry. (We don’t want to give our people “ministry work to do” – we want to care for them and help them grow as Disciples of Christ as they serve
in this ministry.)
- Selects, evaluates, creates, and monitors overall curriculum
- Responsible for check in procedures & tracking weekly attendance
- Participates in Team Leaders meetings to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness
- Coordinates yearly program calendar
- Insures that facilities are appropriate. This includes safety, functionality for programming, appeal to kids, appeal to parents, adequate space, etc.
- Creates and oversees policies and procedures to provide a safe, quality
environment for children.
- Communicates vision and purpose of children’s ministry to the church family
- Responsible for all communications of children’s programs, events, and responsibilities to parents, children, staff, and volunteers
Staff Team: Participates fully as a member of the pastoral and ministry staff. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
*website – www.cwccs.org (please examine who we are as a ministry and be in full agreement)
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position by sending a cover letter describing yourself, along with a resume; which includes references and your salary requirements; and a recent photo of yourself and family, addressed
to Pastor Mark Bofill.
My e-mail address is: email@example.com
Thank you for you interest, and may God richly bless you in all your endeavors.