The mission of KARM is to seek to rescue the poor and needy of the Knox Area by providing recovery services in Jesus' name.
This video describes what KARM is looking for in the Vice President of Programs:
The next VP of Programs for KARM should have experience and character which approximate the following:
- Follower of Christ – A faith that permeates all areas of the individual’s life. Denominational background is not important; however, core beliefs about what it means to be a follower of Christ and how this manifests itself on one’s daily
life is essential
- Passionate about the plight of the homeless – Someone whose heart breaks for the homeless and believes that ministry to the poor is a priority in God’s economy
- An innovative builder – KARM is where it is today because the President/CEO and the Board have encouraged innovation. A visionary leader who has been innovative in building sustainable, high impact programs and/or organizations will feel
at home at KARM
- Driven to Excellence – When you dig deep into the KARM website and view the introductory videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/SIMAExecSearch), you will know that KARM is driven to excellence in the programs and services they provide to the
homeless people in their area
- Collaborative Team Builder / Leader – Getting the job done with and through others (staff and volunteers) is an integral part of the success and impact of KARM. The right person will have demonstrated success in inspiring and encouraging
staff; building community and fostering ownership in the mission and vision of the organization.
http://www.karm.org/files/KARM_Opportunity_Profile_-_VP_Programs_5-13.pdf to access the full Opportunity Profile on the KARM website and to view the Process of Candidacy.