The Gideons International
Search for Director of Development
The Gideons International is seeking a Director of Development who will provide dynamic leadership and direction to Resource Development and Fundraising efforts in support of their mission of winning others for Jesus Christ through personal testimony and
Bible distribution in hotels, schools, and hospitals. The Director will be committed to providing strong leadership based on his/her knowledge and understanding of fundraising concepts, tools, and approaches to ensure resource development efforts are diverse,
creative, and focused on generating interest and support from current and past members and donors as well as inspiring a new generation of donors for the future.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Development will provide leadership and oversight to all Development efforts, with responsibility for the formulation, direction, and implementation of a comprehensive and continuing resource development
function. The Director will establish goals and best practices to build unity within the Development organization enabling them to identify and cultivate meaningful relationships with current and potential constituencies. S/He will carry a portfolio for major
gifts, while directing all annual giving, major and planned gift efforts. As such, the Director will supervise a number of staff people, as designated and agreed upon, who carry fundraising responsibilities. Through all of his/her efforts, the Director will
communicate the mission of The Gideons International and personally model a mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Spiritually Mature—The Director will have a solid, visible relationship with Christ which is evidenced by a heart for God, which translates into a genuine, deep love for others and a concern that others also know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
The fruits of the individual’s faith will show in attitude, time, dedication, character, church involvement, energy and wisdom.
- A Commitment to The Gideons International—An understanding of and a commitment to the special purpose, mission and beliefs of The Gideons Internationals and will have a value system compatible with the values of The Gideons International.
- People Abilities—Deep interest and care for people with an understanding of their primary interests, aims, and motivations.
- Working with Volunteers—A demonstrated ability to accomplish results through collaboration and development of strong relationships with member and volunteers at all levels within the Development function.
- An Approach and a Philosophy—An approach, personal bearing, and philosophy that are an extension of the Executive Director: Ability to earn respect on first impression and suspect respect and confidence.
- Organizational Skills—An ability to organize his/her thoughts and work, while continually growing a results-driven team. Ability to win the confidence of colleagues and office staff that demonstrates a well-functioning Development Department.
- Insight and Strategy—A focused sense of strategy, ( i.e., possessing the knowledge and sixth sense for how to implement and achieve Development goals.) The ability to set realistic objectives for Development and achieve them.
- A Sense of Timing—An intuitive sense of timing and appropriateness in relation to people and projects.
- Work Capacity—Sufficient physical and emotional energy to deliver the results necessary to advance our mission.
- Self-Starter—A self-starter—create ideas and follow through without prodding. (Balanced with judgment and knowing when and how to ask for assistance and counsel.)
- Enthusiasm—A heartfelt passion for the work we do, which displays optimism—but not overselling and overstating.
- Integrity—A level of impeccable integrity that permeates others.
- Gideon—It is desirable, but not required, that the successful candidate should be a Gideon member in good standing and an active participant in the activities of his camp. Experience in state and camp leadership is beneficial. If not
currently a Gideon, the successful candidate will meet the qualifications for and seek membership once named and assuming responsibilities for the Director of Development role.
- Ministry Passion—The Gideons International vision will be irresistible to the right person. People skills, organizational and communication abilities must be truly remarkable, this person will be excellent at vision casting in a manner
that inspires others to join with us and develop solid relationships.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree while a graduate or Master’s degree is desirable. The new Director will have a minimum of three to five years’ of experience in fundraising roles with a significant portion of that experience in leadership
To apply or for more information, please submit a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com or visit our website, www.keystone-executive-search.com and go to the Find a Job link.