Position: Board Operator
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Part-Time
Performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs originating in the studio from syndications or from remote pickup points.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Job Requirements: Responsible for the successful execution of all programming elements that include the following: airing live and pre-recorded shows; all commercials and promos as scheduled; completing traffic log and logging discrepancies; airing
emergency alert system tests as indicated; engineering remote broadcasts and following station procedures. Knowledge of NexGen Audio Control System, phone screener software, audio boards, audio recording equipment, ISDN, and TELCO systems and remote transmitter
monitoring equipment is a plus. Candidate must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Regulates timing of programs, operates syndicated programming and plays commercials.
- Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Monitors and updates weather,traffic, and news reports into automation equipment.
- Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned.
- Assist with remote appearances
- Takes transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs
- Other duties to be assigned
Send Resumes and References to:
Salem Media of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer.