Organizational Background: Teach Every Nation (TEN) is a new collaborative Christian education project in the Global South (i.e. countries located in Africa, South and Central America, and most of Asia) developed and led by the U.S. nonprofit organization Global Vision Resources, Inc. TEN’s mission is to train, disciple, and recruit pastors and church leaders and to strengthen and grow the Christian church in target countries. TEN develops, teaches, and produces culturally competent courses through a variety of education delivery tools, including Simulcast, DVD, Online, and “live” on-site courses. TEN is headquartered in the U.S. and will launch its program in Southern Africa in September 2013.
TEN is seeking to add an executive-level team member. The Director of Technology (DOT) will develop and manage all technology aspects of TEN’s hybrid education delivery model, including online, live simulcast, and recorded DVD courses. The DOT will serve on TEN’s executive team and contribute to key foundational decisions on best practices for global education delivery using new and emerging technologies. The successful candidate will direct the registering and tracking of international students with limited access to and knowledge of technology, a secure payment system for courses, a platform for hosting online course content, adapting course content formats for access from multiple countries, and software and hardware solutions for the TEN team, partners, and constituents.
- A strong commitment to the Christian mission of Teach Every Nation, along with an interest in Christian education delivery in an international setting. The successful candidate must abide by our Statement of Faith and demonstrate a passion for serving Jesus in his/her personal and professional life. TEN’s work regularly includes prayer and worship in its daily activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in information technology or computer science preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years IT team and department management, with a strong preference for candidates with a background in hybrid education delivery, e-commerce, and/or m-commerce.
- Global understanding of technology barriers and solutions in low bandwidth countries.
- Ability to leverage WEB 2.0 community tools for marketing, research and education.
- Experience in software development life cycle and a strong understanding of software development metrics and processes.
- Familiarity with current international technology trends and strength and weakness of the current trends and technologies.
- Experience developing and managing a department budget.
- Experience with developing large-scale, high-volume transaction and registration systems preferred.
- The candidate must also have a passport and the ability to travel internationally and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Tact, diplomacy, competent communication with diverse markets, and the ability to honor confidentiality highly valued.
- Ability to work well with others and independently, follow directions of leadership without extensive oversight; desire to learn and function as part of a team.
- Highly competent at multi-tasking, project organization, prioritization, and management.
- Adept at building relationships from the ground up.
- Adaptability, creativity, organizational skills, self motivation, and attention to detail.
- Develop TEN’s technology framework and oversee TEN’s technology department, including staff and budget management. Develop and manage all technology procedures, practices, procurement strategies, and the setting up and maintenance of the required infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and manage all technology aspects of TEN’s hybrid education delivery model including simulcast, DVD, online, and on-campus courses.
- Select and manage appropriate platforms and software for registering, tracking, and collecting fees from a large international student population, most of whom will be low-income with limited online access but fairly good access to mobile phones. Specifically, select and manage a culturally appropriate SIS (Student Information System), LMS (Learning Management System), and payment portal using Electronic Commerce (e-commerce) methods, including Mobile Commerce (m-commerce), with the goal that the registration, tracking, and payment systems work together.
- Work with internal departments to define and translate program requirements into technical specifications.
- Be ready to launch an integrated SIS, LMS, and payment portal in Southern Africa by September 2013.
- Manage technical consultants, vendors, and suppliers to ensure existing and new assets are implemented correctly.
- Lead efforts at debugging and resolving technical issues as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with relevant government regulations.
- Work with performance specialists to tune applications to ensure stability during peak traffic periods.
- Manage the posting of course content to the LMS and select and manage online and mobile phone applications for delivering digital education.
- Develop and manage various TEN databases (e.g. SIS, campus databases, partner databases, etc.), including targeted communications to different constituencies.
- Oversee TEN’s Web site design, updates, and functionality.
- Advise on appropriate technology hardware solutions for delivering education in Global South regions, including tablet and other device options.
- Advise on best practices for compressing media, including knowledge of the variance in video formats among countries.
Salary: Competitive with benefits.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Divisional Field Director Southern RegionStonecroft Ministries
- Overland Park, Kansas
- October 27
House Parents (Husband & Wife Teams)New River Ranch Inc
- Fayetteville, West Virginia
- October 27
Student / Youth PastorChrist The Rock Community Church
- Cooper City, Florida
- October 27
Ministry Care Center RepresentativeTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- October 27
Evening CustodianCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Teach Every Nation
Teach Every Nation (TEN) is a new collaborative Christian education project in the Global South (i.e. countries located in Africa, South and Central America, and most of Asia) developed and led by the U.S. nonprofit organization Global Vision Resources, Inc. TEN’s mission is to train, disciple, and recruit pastors and church leaders and to strengthen and grow the Christian church in target countries. TEN develops, teaches, and produces culturally competent courses through a variety of education delivery tools, including Simu More...