LifeHouse Houston, Inc.
Relief Houseparent Position
LifeHouse Houston Inc., is a Christ-centered sanctuary for young women ages 12-24 that have been touched by an unplanned pregnancy. Our desire is to turn the crisis of an unplanned pregnancy into an opportunity for growth for the pregnant woman and to ensure
life for her unborn child. We facilitate this by providing a Christian family home setting under-girded by counseling, life skills instruction, and post-partum support. We operate two maternity homes in South Houston on adjacent properties, creating a campus-like
Relief Houseparent Basic Duties:
This urban missionary position requires the Relief Houseparent to work, minister, and live with pregnant women as well as model the love of Christ through personal actions and lifestyle to residents. The Relief Houseparent serves as a role model of a healthy,
loving Biblically based person. She provides love with structure for women who may have had little of either in their lives.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the home and care of the young women.
- Maintain a comfortable and clean house, with the assistance of the residents.
- Help the women meet appointments and other responsibilities.
- Enforce family guidelines and discipline in loving manner.
- Participate actively in interviews and the admission/intake process.
- Schedule various activities for the home, including classes, recreation, and special programs.
- Be willing to assist women through labor and delivery.
The Relief Houseparent will serve in a full-time employee capacity while living on the LifeHouse property. She is needed to allow the two sets of primary Houseparents time off within a 6 days on/3 days off rotation. The Relief Houseparent will work for
3 days in one home, 3 days in the other home, and then have three days off. A Relief Houseparent may be married with her spouse living on the premises. However, the primary Relief job responsibility will rest with her with no salary being available for her
spouse. Due to the limited housing provided for this position (1 bedroom apartment), children cannot be accommodated.
- A single committed Christian woman or, if married, a committed Christian couple who are active in the Christian community.
- Maturity sufficient to assume the responsibilities for young women in care.
- Good spiritual, physical, and emotional health. Must have annual physical including a TB skin test (cost covered by LifeHouse).
- Education, training, and experience sufficient for the position duties. Previous experience in working with unwed mothers is preferred.
- Have no substantiated report as perpetrator of neglect or abuse. If married, spouse must meet this requirement as well.
- A 2-year commitment for this position is preferred.
Salary and Compensation
The base salary range for this position is $18,000 - $22,000. The position includes a rent-free 1-bedroom apartment, board (meals) while on duty, utilities, basic cable, cell phone, vacation, medical insurance (with a 60-day probationary period), and in-service
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to
Cathy Hale @ email@example.com.