Director of Volunteer & Client Services
Job vacancy post for Christianjobs.com
Southside Pregnancy Center (SPC) is a 501c(3) not-for-profit, Pro-Life, Christian ministry. We extend emotional, physical, educational, spiritual and material assistance to those affected by an unplanned or crisis pregnancy situation. Additionally, we offer
life-affirming alternatives to abortion by providing a variety of resources, medically accurate information and sharing Biblical truths and the hope of Jesus Christ.
Director of Volunteer and Client Services (DVCS)
The DVCS is a key ministry position overseeing programs and services provided to young women and men facing the crisis of an unintended pregnancy situation. The DVCS works closely with other client-care departments (medical and extended support) to provide
immediate and long-term client programs and services. The DVCS works closely with and provides supervision to the Client Program Coordinator. The DVCS reports to the Executive Director.
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Adhere to a Christian Worldview and embrace a steadfast, Pro-Life stance
- Predisposed and gifted in Christian lay-counseling/discipleship/mentoring of others
- Possess leadership qualities necessary for oversight of volunteer, staff and programs
- Must be teachable, eager to learn and a team player
- Previous experience with client contact or case management helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- Five or more years in Christian ministry or Christian non-profit work a PLUS
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, screen, evaluate and train volunteers
- Supervise and manage volunteers
- Supervises, manages and trains the Client Program Coordinator and Receptionist
- Provides relevant training according to schedule relating to client issues
- Maintains all client and volunteer related files and databases
- Provides monthly statistical reporting to the Executive Director and Board
- Develops programs and events for volunteers and clients
- Trains and supervises volunteer Christian Care Counselors
- Occasionally represents SPC in the community
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Propensity for teaching others, individually and in small group settings
- Desire to Evangelize and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gifted to motivate and encourage
- Creative thinker
- Experience in office administration
- Organization, record keeping
- Computers: Keyboarding, Word, Excel, Power Point, Data Software, Internet, Email, etc.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting, etc.
Health Insurance is not available at this time.