Southside Pregnancy Center (SPC) is a 501c(3) not-for-profit, Pro-Life, Christian ministry. We provide emotional, physical, educational, spiritual and material assistance to those affected by an unplanned or crisis pregnancy situation. Life-affirming alternatives
to abortion are extended in conjunction with a variety of resources, medically accurate information and the HOPE of Jesus Christ.
The limited medical service provided at SPC is a ministry opportunity allowing the right individual to combine their medical skills with their calling to serve Jesus Christ in the hope of advancing and preserving the sanctity of human life.
SPC is seeking part-time (16hrs - 30hrs a week) Illinois certified, medical professionals to perform urine pregnancy tests and limited obstetrical ultrasound for early pregnancy detection.
Qualifying professionals include: RDMS, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician’s Assistant. (If needed, limited obstetrical ultrasound training provided.) Applicants possessing supervisory skills, administrative and organizational
abilities and vision for department improvements/expansion will be considered for the department lead (Manager.) Medical professionals report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Medical Director and Director of Client Services.
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Possess a compassionate, loving, non-judgmental spirit toward others, especially toward young women and men experiencing unintended pregnancy
- A passion to protect unborn children from the devastating harm of abortion (Be Pro-Life)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be medically licensed and/or certified in the state of Illinois (and in good standing)
- Extremely desired: RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer)
- Desired: Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Asst. with Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (limited obstetrical training will be provided)
- Desired: Two years of experience in OB/GYN
- Excellent nursing, administrative, computer and analytical skills
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide medical care and education to clients
- Assure and comply with infectious control standards
- Maintain the integrity of patient files according to protocol and best practices
- Occasionally communicate with physicians (Medical Director and radiologists.)
- Periodically attend educational trainings for CEUs and current best practice guidelines
In addition, the Lead/Department Manager will:
- Assure medical staff follow medical policies and procedures (P&P)
- Develop new P&P (as recommended or needed)
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director
- Supervise other medical staff
- Provide on-going training, evaluation and review of subordinate medical staff
- Provide monthly statistical reports
- Audit charts, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a medical advisory board
- Plan quarterly meetings for improved communication between medical and non-medical client-care staff
- Occasionally may represent SPC in the community.
Health insurance is not available at this time.