LifeHouse of Houston
Director of Programs and Counseling
LifeHouse of Houston is a Christian maternity home that provides care, counseling, and support in a loving family environment for young women (ages 12-24) who are experiencing the difficulty and uncertainty of an unplanned pregnancy.
The Director of Programs and Counseling will oversee the clinical and counseling program at LifeHouse, including the review, organization, revision, and implementation of all programs at LifeHouse (for example: houseparent training, life skills teaching,
and other educational programs).
- Supervise and provide support to all clinical staff, including house parents, adjunct counselors, trainers, teachers and volunteers who work with residents.
- Responsible (with house parents) for intake, interview, and selection of potential residents.
- Provide case management services to residents
- Responsible for overseeing development and effective use of Outreach Center.
The Person: core competencies
LifeHouse is seeking a person for this position who is spiritually grounded, mission-driven and willing to participate as a member of the LifeHouse family. Specifically, candidates should have the following skills, experience, and personal characteristics:
- Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (or LPC-Intern or LCSW-Intern with commensurate experience)
- Counseling experience.
- Able to demonstrate Christianity at work - high moral character and integrity in professional and personal life.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a professional and empathic manner; works well within a team and with outside LifeHouse community – board of directors, alumni, volunteers, etc.
- Organized, proactive, and self-starter, able to take initiative and solve problems with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit
a cover letter and resume via email to:
More information about LifeHouse is available at www.lifehousehouston.org