The Director of Development is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive program to identify, cultivate, solicit and secure donors for Solutions Pregnancy Center. The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop a prospect list of individuals,
corporations, churches, groups and foundations of which have the capacity and propensity to give. The Director of Development must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and develop relationships with new donors to establish a more extensive financial base and new opportunities.
- Write quarterly appeal letters to all donors.
- Develop creative ways to present the ministry to civic groups, churches, community, and home groups.
- Organize and plan annual Pastor Breakfast.
- Develop and implement strategic fund raising programs.
- Evaluate current and introduce new fund-raising efforts initiated by the Board of Directors, such as bequests, charitable annuities, etc.
- Research and implement ways to underwrite the cost of fund raising events.
- Assist Executive Director and participate in all fund-raising events.
- Assist with planned coffee’s.
- Achieve annual fundraising target through individual solicitations, fundraising events and grant writing.
- Work with fundraising volunteers to communicate events and needs.
- Maintain and/or monitor a database of prospects/donor activity.
- Maintain contact with all financial supporters through correspondence and monthly thank you letters.
- Provide input for an effective quarterly newsletter (“raise awareness”) for donors.
- Develop with Executive Director Annual Reports for supporters.
- Provide the Board of Directors and Executive Director with timely financials and donor reports.
- Prepare written monthly reports to be submitted for Board Meetings.
- Comply with financial guidelines, laws pertaining to non-profit operations and tax guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, organizational development or a related field.
- Knowledge of best practices for major gift solicitations, capital campaigns and fundraising events.
- Minimum of 5+ year’s experience in developing and fundraising for a non-profit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with fundraising software.
- Must be available for travel and variable schedules, including early morning meetings, evening engagements, and occasional weekend obligations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.