The Director of Development is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive program to identify, cultivate, solicit and secure donors for Solutions Pregnancy Center. The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop a prospect list of individuals, corporations, churches, groups and foundations of which have the capacity and propensity to give. The Director of Development must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and develop relationships with new donors to establish a more extensive financial base and new opportunities.
- Write quarterly appeal letters to all donors.
- Develop creative ways to present the ministry to civic groups, churches, community, and home groups.
- Organize and plan annual Pastor Breakfast.
- Develop and implement strategic fund raising programs.
- Evaluate current and introduce new fund-raising efforts initiated by the Board of Directors, such as bequests, charitable annuities, etc.
- Research and implement ways to underwrite the cost of fund raising events.
- Assist Executive Director and participate in all fund-raising events.
- Assist with planned coffee’s.
- Achieve annual fundraising target through individual solicitations, fundraising events and grant writing.
- Work with fundraising volunteers to communicate events and needs.
- Maintain and/or monitor a database of prospects/donor activity.
- Maintain contact with all financial supporters through correspondence and monthly thank you letters.
- Provide input for an effective quarterly newsletter (“raise awareness”) for donors.
- Develop with Executive Director Annual Reports for supporters.
- Provide the Board of Directors and Executive Director with timely financials and donor reports.
- Prepare written monthly reports to be submitted for Board Meetings.
- Comply with financial guidelines, laws pertaining to non-profit operations and tax guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, organizational development or a related field.
- Knowledge of best practices for major gift solicitations, capital campaigns and fundraising events.
- Minimum of 5+ year’s experience in developing and fundraising for a non-profit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with fundraising software.
- Must be available for travel and variable schedules, including early morning meetings, evening engagements, and occasional weekend obligations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Solutions Pregnancy Center
We have a deep concern for the health and welfare of women as it relates to pregnancy, especially unplanned pregnancy. Solutions reaches out with love, care and acceptance to young women and teens facing the difficulties of an unplanned pregnancy. We offer pregnancy testing and medical confirmation of pregnancy, post-abortion support, mentoring programs -- all free of charge. We also have pregnancy and sexually transmitted diease prevention presentations for local high/middle schools in Monmouth County. More...