To develop, coordinate, administer an effective, well-rounded music, dance, and drama program and provide leadership and management of professionals and volunteers involved in the Music & Worship Arts Department.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement appropriate music for all worship services to include but not
limited to Sunday worship, Baptismal, Funerals, Church calendar events, etc.
- Responsible for creating an atmosphere of worship and elevating the worship experience.
- Recruit, train, and rehearse members of all the choirs, dance teams, drama teams and others as added to the Department.
- Determine and oversee the Department’s budget.
- Plan and produce special musical concerts and/or workshops.
- Attend at least one conference or workshop annually to stay abreast of trends in music and worship.
- Determine annual goals for the Department in collaboration with the Pastor’s vision.
- Select, purchase and maintain music resources and sound equipment, within budget guidelines and restrictions.
- Responsible for contracting any approved musicians both internally and externally to provide music as necessary according to the Church Administration and Ministries Department guidelines.
- Responsible for rehearsing any potential guest artists and accompanying same as needed during time of service and sound checks.