POSITION: Ranch Academy Director
AGAPE YOUTH MINISTRY (AYM) is a nondenominational Christian, faith-based 501(c)(3) non-profit Arizona corporation. The mission of AYM is to help hurting / at-risk teens through hands-on Christian-based programs. AYM established the
Agape Youth Ranch Academy as one of these programs and has an opening for the Academy Program Director position. The
Agape Youth Ranch is located in southeast Arizona at the base of the Chiricahua Mountains.
Qualifications required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- That you are a born-again Christian, well-grounded in the Bible and actively living your faith;
- You have a God-given desire to work with and mentor struggling teens;
- You have experience working within a residential school program with at-risk teens;
- A 4-year degree in counseling, education, and/or related field is highly desirable;
- You have experience in leadership or administration of educational programs;
- You have experience and are able to provide spiritual leadership and mentoring;
- You are a cooperative and flexible team player, and have supervisory abilities to maintain team unity, harmony and like-mindedness in purpose amongst the staff;
- You are willing to do other jobs at the Ranch in the absence of staff, or as needed;
- Friendly personality, i.e., enjoys people and community;
- Would enjoy living on a working horse ranch in a rural environment;
- Limit of 2 children in your family is preferred;
- If applicant is a married person, the spouse must also be willing to serve in some capacity at the Ranch. This would be discussed upon application.
- Must pass a background check and drug test;
- Ability to work under the authority of the Ministry’s CEO (or Board of Directors, if needed).
NOTE: A minimum of a two (2) year commitment is required.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who has worked in a similar program environment as the Agape Ranch Academy’s and who would enjoy the challenge of helping to implement the Academy’s 12-month, 4-semester, Residential School Program for
"at-risk" boys between the ages of 14 to 17, within the parameters of the AYM vision. The Academy uses the Accelerated Christian Education self-paced program (www.aceministries.com), a 6-level character building program and a positive relationship building
program using its canine and equestrian programs.
The Academy Program Director will be responsible to implement the Academy program, with a maximum of 16 students. The Director will have overall responsibility of the Ranch Academy operation, including the 6-level character building program
for 1st year students, supervising the residential bunkhouse leaders/parents, teachers, and other staff members, as needed, in implementing our goal setting programs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: overseeing the education
program for compliance and effectiveness, providing spiritual leadership and mentoring to the students, staff acquisition and training, student enrollment, parent mentoring program, maintaining positive community relations and promoting / marketing the Academy.
The successful candidate must have good communication and leadership skills and be able to relate well to teenagers and their parents, and to co-workers in this Ministry.
COMPENSATION: The Academy Program Director position will be joining us on the “ground floor” of implementing the Agape Youth Ranch’s Residential School Program. AYM provides
a negotiated annual stipend, depending on qualifications, from $42,000 to $54,000, which includes
housing and basic utilities .
To apply, go to AYM’s website: www.agapeyouth.org, click on "Employment", then scroll down to download an application. Please complete the Application and mail to Agape Youth Ministry at the address provided