Territorial Planned Giving Director
The Salvation Army Headquarters, Atlanta GA
Come join the largest charitable organization in the nation! The Salvation Army has an outstanding career opportunity in Atlanta for a highly successful Executive Director of Planned Giving professional to lead one of the oldest and most successful Planned
Giving programs in the United States.
This position plans, develops and provides support for all phases of an effective planned giving program within the divisions of the Southern Territory; provides a continuity of professional leadership within each Divisional Planned Giving Department that
is capable of producing the highest possible monetary return for The Salvation Army through the following charitable vehicles: 1) wills, 2) outright gifts such as cash, 3) Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Gift Annuities, Pooled Income Fund Trusts, Revocable
Living Trusts, Successor Trusts, and gifts of life insurance; ensures all planned giving programs are in compliance with current federal and state legislation, IRS code, Financial Accounting Standards Board requirements, Salvation Army policies and procedures,
- Has functioned effectively within a multi-level corporate structure such as a national or territorial headquarters
- Prior experience traveling a large geographic territory at least 50% of the year
- Seven to ten years successfully leading a planned giving team
- Proven experience coaching, mentoring, and evaluating the success of individual producers within a large team
- Seven to ten years successful planned giving experience working in the field, visiting homes, asking for gifts, working with trusts and estates, cultivating donors, understanding tax codes
- Expertise with vehicles and techniques in planned giving
- Demonstrated experience strategically marketing and growing a successful planned giving program
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university is required
Bona-Fide Occupational Qualification:
This position requires an active Christian faith based on Biblical doctrine and theology.
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
Ability to travel frequently throughout the Southern Territory by automobile or plane a minimum of 40% of the work week to interact with divisional planned giving staff, prospects, donors, and professionals of their communities.
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Physical discomforts associated with automobile travel,
airport, airplane travel, hotels, rental cars, and divisional headquarters.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please complete our on-line application at:
Application Submittal Period: April 21, 2013 - May 17, 2013
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer