This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Freshwater Community Church
Chaska, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 11/04/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Lead Pastor Job Description for The River Church in Chaska, MN
Updated 31 October 2008
The River is a highly relational church that is ready to move forward through offering high quality ministry, care, and community involvement. If this strikes a chord with your heart, please continue to read.
The River is an energetic Christian and Missionary Alliance church restart that is seeking a highly motivated Lead Pastor to engage the community and congregation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In essence, it is a church plant with a new location, office space, and renewed leadership. The Lead Pastor must be very relational, able to teach, and have ample administrative gifts and abilities.
The Lead Pastor will hold the utmost standards of Christian integrity, exhibit wisdom and maturity, practice Biblical tithing, care for people, be self-motivated, teachable, and willing to go the “extra mile” when ministering.
The Lead Pastor shall commit to:
1. Being courteous, prompt, and respectful to everyone.
2. Complete confidentiality in all matters of the church.
3. Exhibiting a positive attitude at all times.
Full time is defined as 40 plus hours per week. Official office hours are Tuesday through Friday 9am-5pm. Mondays are the official day off.
The salary package shall be based on $40,000.00 per year plus the CMA plan B standard benefit package.
As a Pastor
• Continue developing spiritually and intellectually through participation in appropriate seminars, by spending time in personal devotions, and by developing close relationships with people who are able to disciple and minister to you.
• To work in cooperation with other staff in leading events such as deemed proper and valuable.
• Work closely with the office administrator and Elder Board.
• Pray regularly for the church, pastor, youth, children, and parents.
• Counsel and mentor adults according to Biblical principles.
• Be able to effectively lead a small group.
• Be able to lead a person to Christ.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong inter-personal skills.
• Strong organizational abilities.
• A gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
• Possess a “whatever it takes” attitude.
• Able to counsel adults according to Biblical principles.
• Able to preach the word of God with integrity.
• College graduate
• Computer experience.
• Successful experience with equipping ministry leaders.
• In agreement with the CMA statement of faith.
• Licensed or willing to pursue licensing with the CMA
Medical Insurance: Yes
Dental Insurance: Yes