This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sr. Graphic Designer
Christ In Youth (CIY)
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 11/10/2008
Categories: Graphic Design
Job Type: Full-Time
CIY Sr. Graphic Designer
This marketing services position will be responsible for concept, design and production for CIY programs and departments as well as daily workload assignments including promotional materials, print, merchandise, collateral, web sites, and internal and external corporate publications. This individual must possess abilities and expertise in both creative and problem solving situations. The graphic designer should be skilled at project development and excel in various phases of traffic management as well as display the ability to produce under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
The Graphic Designer will accurately and effectively design all assigned layouts and projects working with typography, photography and illustration, maintaining creative consistency to build and support the brand while meeting all deadlines.
Position requires a bachelor-of-arts degree with a design or art emphasis, ample work experience and a working and proficient knowledge of InDesign, Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop. BFA is a plus.
· Design the creation of relevant program promotional material layouts and collaborate with other designers to fulfill program graphic needs.
· Design the relevant concept development of new graphic and photo treatments within guidelines to keep brand image fresh and connected with audience.
· Work closely with program merchandising to develop visual style guides, point out trends and assist merchandise purchasing decisions.
· Control consistency of creative by maintaining creative guidelines.
· Consult with Program Assistants and Creative Director/Marketing Administrator regarding branding strategy, concepts, presentations and final creative product.
· Support and provide tactical design solutions according to direction of integrated marketing plan.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates for the position should prepare a complete resume, cover letter with statement of ministry intent and electronic or sample portfolio by Dec. 8, 2008 to:
Director of Organizational Advancement
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
* B.A. in graphic design or visual arts with minimum two years experience.
* Strong creative and conceptual vision for multimedia, and the ability to execute integrated communications against strategic business objectives.
* Demonstrated expertise in graphic design through online portfolio.
* Must spend a minimum of 40 hours weekly accessible to all programs and participating in work environment at organization headquarters in Joplin, Missouri.
* Strong comprehension of information architecture and editorial disciplines and methodologies.
* Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities.
* Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
* Strong understanding of web technologies balancing impact of visual design on functionality, search, and customer perception.
* Excellent visual design sense.