Support and maintain mission critical SQL Server based systems for the organization. Critical systems include separate recruiting, financial, and donor management solutions. Tasks will include, but not be limited to database development and administration
that enables users to effectively manage the information in these systems.
- Creating complex queries
- Creating reports
- Writing code to extract, transform and load data
- Writing code to integrate systems
- Research and develop ways to improve system functionality
- Other tasks or projects provided by the Director of IT
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
- Must have at least 4 years of hands-on SQL Server development experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
- Microsoft Certification on SQL Server 2008 or later preferred
- Strong skills in T-SQL, optimization, performance tuning, debugging, etc.
- Professional experience with SSIS and SSRS
- ETL process and data modeling experience
- Experience with backup, restore and other administrative tasks
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work of others.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
- Strong customer service orientation.