Salem Colorado Springs has a unique opening for a temporary Traffic Director to fill in during a medical leave. The position is expected to last between two and four months.
The Traffic Director receives commercial “traffic” instructions from advertising agencies, clients and the station’s Account Executives, matches them up with audio files (commercials), then assigns a media number, arranges for their production and enters
the information into the traffic system. It is a critically important position as station revenue is derived from the correct airing of commercials. The Traffic Director works closely with the General Manager, Sales Department and Production staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Insure all sales orders are properly approved & accurately entered into the traffic system
- Willing to learn two traffic programs as the market converts from Deltaflex to Wide Orbit.
- Work with Sales Staff and Programming to insure all copy, script, etc. are at the station before schedules begin
- Prepare daily program logs. This includes working with the General Sales Manager when scheduling bumped spots
- Review all contract confirmations for input errors.
- Reconciliation of daily program logs
- Schedule broadcast network spots.
- Prepare and submit all affidavits for but not limited toTraffic.com, SRN-programs and spots, Accuweather, Metro Traffic, Fox News etc.
- Prepare and distribute weekly projections to General Manager and sales staff.
- Post logs to billing weekly in order for Business Manager to print invoices.
- Make any programming clock changes as they occur
- Prepare Average Unit Rate report to General Manager on a monthly basis
- Answer phones during lunch and providing any relief in reception when needed
- Answer incoming calls.
- Distribute prizes for contest winners
- Assist Business Manager by researching contract problems
- Provide back up assistance to the Business Manager with the following tasks: Q & M report, 4 month report, charging credit cards, printing invoices.
- Updating the Rate per Broadcast report on the Salem Extranet.
- Perform all traffic duties in ANDO streaming for all stations.
- Occasional weekend work for station events.
- Responsible to follow all Salem policies & procedures.
- Reports directly to the Business Manager.
Candidate must be dependable, punctual and detail oriented. Previous traffic experience is preferred but not necessary.
Attention: Kim Bratton
Bison Media, Inc. dba Salem Communications
7150 Campus Drive, Suite 150
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Equal Opportunity Employer