SAMBICA is “a light on the lake” inspiring youth to a relationship with Jesus Christ since 1919.
The Accounting Manager is a leadership role for SAMBICA, requiring the ability to work with Executive Director and other Director-level staff to implement organizational strategies to achieve yearly objectives.
- All aspects of accounting, including account reconciliations, AR, AP, payroll, budgeting and planning, and preparation of financial statements.
- Monthly financial reports for Executive Director, SAMBICA Board and appropriate staff.
- Support external accountants in issuing annual compilation reports.
- Prepare tax filings, including the annual 990 federal tax forms.
- Assist Executive Director, and other camp directors, with operational and strategic decision making data and support.
- Develop and maintain effective business and financial processes to ensure fiduciary responsibility and compliance with applicable laws and practices.
- As a member of the SAMBICA staff, candidate will at times be required to assist with other tasks at the camp, which may be unrelated to the primary accounting functions.
- Experienced in all aspects of bookkeeping, including producing financial statements, working with external accountants on compilation reports, and completing annual 990 federal tax filings.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or business preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lead budgeting process and work with Executive Director to hold organization accountable with appropriate goal setting, measurement, and reporting.
- Strong proficiency in financial software (Quickbooks) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Models personal integrity and a servant leadership work style to foster a positive, collaborative environment. Ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Self motivated and directed, accountable to the Executive Director.
- Supports the SAMBICA Declaration of Faith and Vision Statement.
Reports to the Executive Director. This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Salary is DOE. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.