Grant Writer JOB DESCRIPTION (SalesForce and Client track software required)
Position Status: Part-Time Regular, Non-Exempt (Contract or Direct Hire)
Date: February 12, 2013
***please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include salary history.
Position Summary: Provides administrative and technical work with primary responsibilities being to assist in all aspects of grant management including proposal preparation and processing. Supports the acquisition of funding primarily through foundation and corporate grants by building relationships, exploring sources, evaluating potential opportunities, engaging appropriate contacts and assisting in writing compelling proposals.
Support Services & Administration Level
CORE Performance Expectations
Facilities, Assets & Equipment
Goals: Strong stewardship of donated resources; Provide ready access to needed resources; Minimize waste of donated resources; and Students, volunteers & staff are safe.
- Contribute to the maintaining of high levels of utilization of assets and equipment & 90% occupancy of facilities.
- Contribute to the maintaining the maintenance schedule and maintain a high level of maintenance with all facilities, assets and equipment.
- Contribute to the maintaining of accurate and appropriate levels of supplies and resources.
- Carryout regular health & safety inspections.
Financial & Human Resources
Goals: Develop and maintain a high performance level for all staff; Staff members fully understand what expectations are placed on them; Maintain and comply with all government and industry standards; Optimize internal and external relationships; Achieve or exceed income forecasts; Reduce expenses without sacrificing outcomes.
- Contribute to the provision of staff and volunteer supervision including training & coaching.
- Contribute towards expense reduction & expense budget management.
- Contribute towards fiscal year income fund raising goals.
- Contribute towards friend raising & relationship building internally & externally.
Other Applicable Responsibilities
- Supports the Chief Relationship Officer and the Foundation and Corporation Gift Officer in building relationships with community, non-profits, corporations, individuals and funders in order to engage them in a funding partnership with the Rescue Mission.
- Assists in maintaining consistent best practice grant writing and reporting techniques focused on delivering accurate program data to funders and donors.
- Supports the development, and maintenance of open communication with grantors and partners, in order to foster strong relationships and increase funding.
- Researches prospective funding sources and seeks grants according to foundation/donor guidelines.
- Creates and sends out thank you letters and donor recognition letters/notices on a timely basis as allowed by grant deadlines for all foundation gifts received including packaging and mailing to “Foundation of the Month” (F.O.M.).
- Supports Corporate Communications Program including press/media and foundation requests which may include maintaining and updating OCRM-related social media content and outlets as it relates to funding and development efforts along with printing of the e-news article for shipping to the F.O.M.
- Assists in coordinating and hosting foundation site visits for programs of Village of Hope, as well as OCRM’s other programs and facilities includes assistance with Donor Appreciation projects and assisting with tours and providing handouts.
- Prompts Foundation and Corporation Gift Officer, Chief Relations Officer and President to make personal calls and/or send notes of appreciation.
- Interacts with funders at local conferences and workshops to develop and sustain direct funder relationships.
- Maintains paper and electronic filing system to ensure timely and accurate records of all activity including hole punching and filing of foundation documents to folders in development filing system.
- Tracks solicited/pending/closed status of grants and proposals, progress reports for funding grantors, grants and proposals to be submitted, prospective foundations and documents all activity and correspondence within grant tracking software (SalesForce).
- Internet research on new corporate/foundation prospects including FoundationSearch for key foundation info and general web search on Foundation name, board of directors, giving history, etc.
- Creation of early proposal drafts, using template materials for grant writing and tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Foundation and Corporation Gift Officer, Chief Relations Officer or President.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, finance, accounting, and/or business or a related field preferred. One year of work experience with hands-on responsibility related to grant fiscal support, accounting, public budgeting, and finance required.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Experience with database entry, reporting, and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of the Bible.
- Proficiency with computers, and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ASP/web-based software solutions (Salesforce, ClientTrack).
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular involvement in a local Bible-believing church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- Regular timely attendance.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24x7. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the Grants Assistant will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials, bending, kneeling, loud noise, stair climbing, and variable climates from time to time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
College Prep High School Teachers for Church Leaders Children in AsiaPrivate Profile
- Asia, Asia
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Teach Basketball in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- Hangzhou, China
- December 2
Orange County Rescue Mission
Serving the least, the last and the lost - providing shelter, food, health care, guidance & training to neighbors in need.
To minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities.