LifeHouse of Houston, Inc.
Houseparents Job Position
LifeHouse is a Christ-centered sanctuary for young women ages 12-24 that have been touched by an unplanned pregnancy. Our desire is to turn the crisis of an unplanned pregnancy into an opportunity for growth for the pregnant woman and to ensure life for her unborn child. We facilitate this by providing a Christian family home setting under-girded by counseling, life skills instruction, and post-partum support. We operate two maternity homes in South Houston on adjacent properties, creating a campus-like atmosphere. Each home is operated by a married Houseparent couple.
Houseparents Basic Duties:
This urban missionary opportunity requires Houseparents to work, minister, and live with pregnant women as well as model the love of Christ through personal actions and lifestyle to residents. Houseparents serve as role models of healthy, loving Biblically based people. They provides love with structure for women who may have had little of either in their lives.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the home and care of the young women.
- Maintain a comfortable and clean house, with the assistance of the residents.
- Help the women meet appointments and other responsibilities.
- Enforce family guidelines and discipline in loving manner.
- Participate actively in interviews and the admission/intake process.
- Schedule various activities for the home, including classes, recreation, and special programs.
- Be willing to assist women through labor and delivery.
Houseparents will serve as full-time employees while living on the LifeHouse property. They will work 6 days on/3 days off rotation. A Relief Houseparent will provide coverage for days off.
- A committed Christian couple who is active in the Christian community.
- Maturity sufficient to assume the responsibilities for young women in care.
- Good spiritual, physical, and emotional health. Must have annual physical including a TB skin test (cost covered by LifeHouse).
- Education, training, and experience sufficient for the position duties. Previous experience in working with unwed mothers is preferred.
- Have no substantiated report as perpetrator of neglect or abuse
- A 2-year commitment for this position is preferred.
Salary and Compensation
The base salary base range for this position is between $18,000 - $22,000. The position also includes a rent-free 2 bedroom apartment, board (meals) while on duty, utilities, basic cable, cell phone, vacation, medical insurance (with a 60-day probationary period), and in-service training.
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to:
Cathy Hale @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House ParentProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 27
Female night duty staff personHope House, Inc.
- Marsing, Idaho
- September 24
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4