The First United Methodist Church of Coral, located in the heart of Coral Gables since 1926, is seeking an energetic, Christian person to lead its preschool ministry. The ministry, known as The Growing Place (TGP), is a vibrant ministry with approximately
200 students and 40 staff members. While our school year mirrors that of area public schools, this is a year-round, benefits-eligible position.
The Director of TGP supports this ministry of First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables by taking sole responsibility for staffing, implementing the curriculum chosen in coordination with TGP Board, and managing the daily operations of the ministry which
oversees all tuition-based programs under the ministry including, but not limited to, Camp, After-School Care, and Early Morning Care. While oversight of financial and administrative duties are overseen by the TGP Business Manager, this position regularly
interfaces to oversee the duties and assist in the completion of the duties.
Duties will include ensuring that programs are conducted within all approved Church Guidelines requiring adherence to TGP Board directives as well as SPRC policies and Finance procedures. The position ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local
regulations regarding the running of the school. Weekday interaction with the preschool during the school year and Camp. Support of other church ministries may be required. Position requires interface with professional staff, parents of students, and, most
importantly, children. Ability to work some weekend days and weeknights for events is required.
- TGP is recognized in the community for its excellence in Christian Education.
- The families of the children in TGP ministries are connected to God through our church.
- The ministry maintains consistent licensure by DCF.
- The ministry becomes accredited by UMAP and achieves its highest ratings.
MINIMUM BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Education; advanced education degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in public school or pre-school environment
- Minimum 2 years experience in school administrative (lead teacher, assistant principal/director, etc.) function.
- DCF Director Certification
- Proficient spoken and written English, bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 3rd, 2013 to:
Please use the above email and do not submit your resume directly to the church as it may not be routed to the search committee.