Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry.
We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.
Our vision is to carry out world evangelism resulting in national church planting movements that launch mission movements to the glory of God.
Job Summary/Primary Role: ABWE is seeking a skilled and passionate Systems Developer to play a key role in delivering creative and innovative technology systems and custom applications for the Home Office. This team member will offer solutions
for all database design and database management projects, including data analysis, report writing and custom applications, as well as create documentation to describe custom configuration and operating procedures. The Systems Developer will work closely with
a cross-functional IT team to provide support for all ABWE technology systems, which in turn assist our missionaries as they seek to tell the story of hope, build communities of faith and serve the world with love.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide custom application development, data analysis and report writing for multiple ABWE projects.
- Be responsible for both database design and database management.
- Regularly evaluate corporate databases in order to maintain data integrity and system efficiency.
- Work with IT team to provide technical expertise and recommendations for all ABWE systems.
- Produce and maintain documentation for all custom applications and reports.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Minimum Prior Experience Required: Two (2) or more years of work related experience with extensive hands-on experience in systems networking, database, Web development, and user support.
- Solid background in database design using Microsoft SQL and Access.
- Experience developing reports using Microsoft Reporting Services is desirable.
- Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, ASP, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Services, Windows 7, and mobile applications.
- Experience in developing and implementing standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Strong relational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries viewed as ministry staff and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature
of our ministry it is absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, Bible-believing church.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s core values and ministry philosophy.
- Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Application Instructions: In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a one-page faith story (testimony) including the name of your local church to: